Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Political stuff

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#21 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:26 PM

These people are so happy not to have a black man or a woman calling shots that they gobble up everything this imbecile spouts.

that is one of the most ignorant and uninformed posts in Locker Room history, or a pathetic troll job

hilary didn't get elected because she was a horrible candidate

I could care less what color a man's skin is, as long as he's not a card-carrying statist

did you support Carly Fiorina? Or Ben Carson? If you didn't support them vociferously, then you are a knuckle-dragging mouthbreather

but I'm sure you have an excuse

#22 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:28 PM

I am tired of everything being blamed on the media doing their job

Trumpsy is the one that drew attention to this
I didn't see anyone outraged about it before
The media provides a checks and balances system
They are just doing their job

the press is in the tank for statists... has been for quite a while

now you are free to return to your regularly scheduled propaganda

#23 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

When they report unbiased news, let me know.

it's not unbiased if it confirms your personal misconceptions

#24 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

It was pretty much a non event, with only a handful of players kneeling, or riding bikes, or whatever.   Then our Idiot POTUS thought it wise at one of his Fascist rallies to stir up his cult, to get their minds off all of his failures and scandals.  

This is 100% his fault.   The media would be irresponsible to not report it.   If anyone is sick of it, hopefully they are sick of him, and will do something about it electorally when they can, or urge their representatives to do something about it before that.  

what fascist rally? I watch the news... never saw that

#25 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:35 PM

Seriously almost a year in and I still cannot wrap my head around the fact this guy is our president. Big thanks to all the mouth breathing hicks in knuckle dragger America that put him in this seat. These people are so happy not to have a black man or a woman calling shots that they gobble up everything this imbecile spouts.

Same morons who do not know that Puerto Ricans are our fellow citizens. It's not like Trump is saying anything about it. That piece of shit. He's too busy talking about NFL ratings, and owners firing players. I have severed ties with long time friends over this and damn near with a few family members.

Im legitimately concerned he's going to get a lot of people killed with his non stop ego. It's not even about politics with this guy as I'm a Libertarian and don't like either major parties politics. He simply has no respect for the position he holds

#26 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

Im legitimately concerned he's going to get a lot of people killed with his non stop ego. It's not even about politics with this guy as I'm a Libertarian and don't like either major parties politics. He simply has no respect for the position he holds

if you're a true libertarian, you shouldn't respect the position he holds

there's no difference between the president and a dog catcher as far as I'm concerned

that's true whether it is trump or obam

#27 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

And where's your ugly ass KU avatar? Your profile looks naked without it.

LOL. I'll bring it back soon.

#28 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:43 PM

It was pretty much a non event, with only a handful of players kneeling, or riding bikes, or whatever. Then our Idiot POTUS thought it wise at one of his Fascist rallies to stir up his cult, to get their minds off all of his failures and scandals.
This is 100% his fault. The media would be irresponsible to not report it. If anyone is sick of it, hopefully they are sick of him, and will do something about it electorally when they can, or urge their representatives to do something about it before that.

Yep. It went from annoying but manageable to a massive divisive event that you can't get away from now because Trump is a complete moron.
  • omahacolt likes this

#29 dhitter

dhitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:44 PM

There is blame that can be thrown all around. Trump...the media...the athletes. The losers are the fans. I have to deal with political crap all week. When I get to Sunday and start listening to NFL analysis its 80% about Trump and the right to protest. 20% about football. Eventually it should die down. But I think the media might be fanning the flames to suit their agenda...Unfortunately.
  • Nibiru likes this

#30 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:16 PM

well crap. i was hoping the new guys were going to stay out of the LR..its going to get ugly now I feel it.

#31 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:59 PM

well crap. i was hoping the new guys were going to stay out of the LR..its going to get ugly now I feel it.

Fresh-Meat-1.jpg

#32 Nibiru

Nibiru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:07 PM

I suppose if this bothers you and I see that it does some of you ,than you are offended by any number of things like where somebody parked or sat in church , the potatos were cold in the buffet line and she bought that 3 layer toilet paper again
You probably are not happy unless you are in YOUR chair watching Fox news and hearing for the billionth time how Trumpty Dumpty is making tweets about the wall to keep out the rapists as if you were a candidate for any kind of sex

And you probably repeat 25 times a day how Trump tells it like it is

Quit eating paint chips
  • omahacolt likes this

#33 Nibiru

Nibiru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:13 PM

There is blame that can be thrown all around. Trump...the media...the athletes. The losers are the fans. I have to deal with political crap all week. When I get to Sunday and start listening to NFL analysis its 80% about Trump and the right to protest. 20% about football. Eventually it should die down. But I think the media might be fanning the flames to suit their agenda...Unfortunately.

Well there might be a very small chance Trump fanned the flame to promote his agenda

I am sure that didn't cross your mind though

#34 Dablueguy

Dablueguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:42 PM

This shit was going on for a good year before Trump was even elected.  A bust of Kaepernick is now in the Smithsonian FFS...  Trump has nothing to do with this.  I'm glad he called them out for it, but calling for people to be fired is a bit of stretch. 

Kaep can't get a job.  It's been a non event recently until the idiot stirred it up.   Maybe 5 players total doing some sort of private protests this year?  Hardly worthy of a Presidential Proclamation, unless said POTUS is an idiot who needs to stir up his mindless base, to get their minds off policy failure after failure.  

#35 Dablueguy

Dablueguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:46 PM

what fascist rally? I watch the news... never saw that

The rally in Alabama for his failed candidate.   EVERY Drumpf Political rally is Fascist rally.   He's the POTUS.   He's supposed to be working on problems, not doing Campaign rallies in his first year, because he needs his ego stroked.  

• omahacolt likes this

#36 Evad

Evad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

Seriously almost a year in and I still cannot wrap my head around the fact this guy is our president. Big thanks to all the mouth breathing hicks in knuckle dragger America that put him in this seat. These people are so happy not to have a black man or a woman calling shots that they gobble up everything this imbecile spouts.

Same morons who do not know that Puerto Ricans are our fellow citizens. It's not like Trump is saying anything about it. That piece of shit. He's too busy talking about NFL ratings, and owners firing players. I have severed ties with long time friends over this and damn near with a few family members.

No doubt quite a relief to those that have been severed

• oldtimer and mex like this

#37 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:08 PM

The rally in Alabama for his failed candidate.   EVERY Drumpf Political rally is Fascist rally.   He's the POTUS.   He's supposed to be working on problems, not doing Campaign rallies in his first year, because he needs his ego stroked.  

I saw people from the Communist Party of America at Bernie rallies... does that mean all people who supported him are communists?

Really, so many people throw around the term 'fascist' because it's been repeated over and over in the press... you can't help it... you're a product of your facebook feed

most of those who use the term can't even define it without googling, and they won't bother to put enough thought into its definition to understand how it applies to politicians of today

(when you've finished your google search on the definition) feel free to let us know which politician more closely resembles a fascist... trump, obam, or hillary... you know... using the actual definition of fascism

we look forward to your contortions

1473764862-0.jpg

#38 KCSLC2008

KCSLC2008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:08 PM

I want to clarify my comments about the media was not about the players are actually doing. I, of course, would not be blaming the media for whether someone stands or sits. And regards to the president, I'm not blaming the media for how that is covered. If it needs to be said or needs to be out there, reported. Report the news.

I'm only talking about the fact that on the top of ESPN, it is always about this. I get it and I don't really have any objection to why people are doing what they're doing. But as much news as it is, I would like to see some sports on the top during a Monday Night Football night... unless, of course, we lose next week. Then, let's talk about the national anthem.

I do care about America. I do care about what happens in America. I do care about what "people" think about America. But I don't care about what any "person" thinks about America.

We are going to get so many people on both sides (shit, is "both sides" now a four letter word?) and they're all influenced by several factors and many of those factors are right and many of those factors are wrong and things can be exaggerated. Doesn't really affect my life whether somebody stands, sit, thinks America is great, or thinks America is not. I don't think the sitting is about the military, about hating America, about hating white people, etc. I don't think the standing is about hating black people, supporting Trump, loving white people, being better than others, etc. We are not all that simple.

#39 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:14 PM

i like the new guys

#40 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators