Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Political stuff

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#41 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:36 PM

Racism is far from absent in America. These protests are trying to address this issue and what better way, in their eyes, than to slam it slap dab right on the middle of the dining room table, where almost all American citizens pay attention to.

Give them props. They've got everyone chatting about it, which is exactly what needs to happen in order for the country to change. Black people still get looks, so they say.

However, I don't see this problem getting fixed in a day. Just gonna have to ride it out now and let them protest. My eyes are only on the Chiefs for now. They're a different team this year w/ Hunt

#42 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:41 PM

Nobody in the Locker Room likes Donald. But don't say anything negative about him. It's complicated.

#43 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:09 PM

Kaep can't get a job.  It's been a non event recently until the idiot stirred it up.   Maybe 5 players total doing some sort of private protests this year?  Hardly worthy of a Presidential Proclamation, unless said POTUS is an idiot who needs to stir up his mindless base, to get their minds off policy failure after failure.  

Kaep can't get a job because he's a distraction, and throws interceptions.  This nonsense was going on before Trump, in fact, Trump has nothing to do with it. 

#44 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:21 PM

Trump is an idiot that shouldn't have injected himself into this mess, but this was going on long before Trump was even running in the primaries.  This crap goes all the way back to the Rams after the Ferguson fiasco.  Trump didn't do anyone any favors by opening his trap, but it was already an issue before him.  Everyone has a right to an opinion, and a right to express it, but when you're doing it on company time on the company's dime, that's a problem.  Now, I'm not saying it's going to be a huge financial hit for the league, because it's a monster money maker, but I do think this crap is finally turning off a lot of every day folks, and I do think there is going to be a small financial hit.  Ratings are dropping, people are burning their NFL gear in protest.  The losers really are the fans.  Just because you can carry a football or tackle doesn't mean I give a damn about your political views, just as these people wouldn't give a damn about  my political views when I'm fixing their car.  The problem is they think their opinion is more important than the average person because they are athletes.  

I'm more excited for college hoops than anything, because the politics aren't going to be smothering the product.  Well, I say that and then remember the FBI and recent Adidas events and I can't even say for certain that college hoops telecasts won't be tainted by politics now.  Seriously, when the game is no longer about the game itself, it's just not fun anymore. 

#45 Dablueguy

Dablueguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

Kaep can't get a job because he's a distraction, and throws interceptions.  This nonsense was going on before Trump, in fact, Trump has nothing to do with it. 

Kaep had a decent year last year and only threw 4 INTS.  But this latest nonsense has little to do with him.  It's strictly on the Idiot POTUS trying to stir up the Fascist rally in Alabama, that has led to what was largely a dead story being revived Bigly, and the NFL's response to him.  

#46 Dablueguy

Dablueguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:33 PM

I saw people from the Communist Party of America at Bernie rallies... does that mean all people who supported him are communists?

Really, so many people throw around the term 'fascist' because it's been repeated over and over in the press... you can't help it... you're a product of your facebook feed

most of those who use the term can't even define it without googling, and they won't bother to put enough thought into its definition to understand how it applies to politicians of today

(when you've finished your google search on the definition) feel free to let us know which politician more closely resembles a fascist... trump, obam, or hillary... you know... using the actual definition of fascism

we look forward to your contortions

1473764862-0.jpg

Bernie, and others, were holding Rallies when running for the office.   Once you're in the office, you govern, not hold rallies, especially your first years in the job.  Actually, if you care, do some research on Nazi survivors and how they compared the early Nazi years to the Drumpf campaign.   The similarities are striking, and frightening.  

#47 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:33 PM

They kick off the football, I watch the game. The final whistle blows and then I move on. I have for years and will for years in the future. 

#48 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:42 PM

Bernie, and others, were holding Rallies when running for the office.   Once you're in the office, you govern, not hold rallies, especially your first years in the job.  Actually, if you care, do some research on Nazi survivors and how they compared the early Nazi years to the Drumpf campaign.   The similarities are striking, and frightening.  

Actually, the Hillary crimes, the deep state, the unmasking by high government officials without consequences, the compliant press, and the DOJ corruption under Holder and Lynch along with Obama using the tax officials to put down dissent more resembles the Germany of the early 1930s than does a few skinheads today.

#49 Dablueguy

Dablueguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:42 PM

They kick off the football, I watch the game. The final whistle blows and then I move on. I have for years and will for years in the future. 

As does most of America.  The people that are actively, for show protesting, burning stuff, and showing it on social media, etc.,  are mindless sheep that just do what they are told.   Why would anyone not watch something they like, just because an idiot Politician, or anyone else, told them not to?  If you love Football, you watch football.  I can see being turned off by too many flags, no more hard hitting, game related changes, etc turning one off to the game.   But a Politician telling me I should be turned off?   Insanity.  

#50 Dablueguy

Dablueguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:45 PM

Actually, the Hillary crimes, the deep state, the unmasking by high government officials without consequences, the compliant press, and the DOJ corruption under Holder and Lynch along with Obama using the tax officials to put down dissent more resembles the Germany of the early 1930s than does a few skinheads today.

Hillary lost, Bernie lost.  Obama's gone.  They are irrelevant.  What the idiot Drumpf is trying to do to our free press is eerily similar to what Hitler did to it when he came into power.   He even has his own Berlin Betty in the Fox and Friends morning idiots and Hannity.   

#51 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:46 PM

Seriously almost a year in and I still cannot wrap my head around the fact this guy is our president. Big thanks to all the mouth breathing hicks in knuckle dragger America that put him in this seat. These people are so happy not to have a black man or a woman calling shots that they gobble up everything this imbecile spouts.

Same morons who do not know that Puerto Ricans are our fellow citizens. It's not like Trump is saying anything about it. That piece of shit. He's too busy talking about NFL ratings, and owners firing players. I have severed ties with long time friends over this and damn near with a few family members.

Just curious.  Are you OC's twin?   :lol:

• oldtimer likes this

#52 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:17 PM

me too

gonna be fun educating them

where would the world be without you
  • Semo likes this

#53 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:03 PM

Hillary lost, Bernie lost.  Obama's gone.  They are irrelevant.  What the idiot Drumpf is trying to do to our free press is eerily similar to what Hitler did to it when he came into power.   He even has his own Berlin Betty in the Fox and Friends morning idiots and Hannity.   

Man you are deluded...  The Obama Administration used the Deep State to bully political opponents, spy on journalists illegally, expand unmasking, etc, etc...  Trump is an amateur next to that a-hole.

But you're using MSNBC slang, so I'm guessing Rachel Maddow formulates your opinions for you - gotta work on that brah.

#54 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:03 PM

Just curious.  Are you OC's twin?   :lol:

Which one is Danny Devito?  Clearly neither is Arnold.

#55 Iluvhouse24

Iluvhouse24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:58 PM

that is one of the most ignorant and uninformed posts in Locker Room history, or a pathetic troll job

hilary didn't get elected because she was a horrible candidate

I could care less what color a man's skin is, as long as he's not a card-carrying statist

did you support Carly Fiorina? Or Ben Carson? If you didn't support them vociferously, then you are a knuckle-dragging mouthbreather

but I'm sure you have an excuse

Sounds like you voted for Trump...

#56 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:11 PM

Trump is an idiot that shouldn't have injected himself into this mess, but this was going on long before Trump was even running in the primaries.  This crap goes all the way back to the Rams after the Ferguson fiasco.  Trump didn't do anyone any favors by opening his trap, but it was already an issue before him.  Everyone has a right to an opinion, and a right to express it, but when you're doing it on company time on the company's dime, that's a problem.  Now, I'm not saying it's going to be a huge financial hit for the league, because it's a monster money maker, but I do think this crap is finally turning off a lot of every day folks, and I do think there is going to be a small financial hit.  Ratings are dropping, people are burning their NFL gear in protest.  The losers really are the fans.  Just because you can carry a football or tackle doesn't mean I give a damn about your political views, just as these people wouldn't give a damn about  my political views when I'm fixing their car.  The problem is they think their opinion is more important than the average person because they are athletes.  

I'm more excited for college hoops than anything, because the politics aren't going to be smothering the product.  Well, I say that and then remember the FBI and recent Adidas events and I can't even say for certain that college hoops telecasts won't be tainted by politics now.  Seriously, when the game is no longer about the game itself, it's just not fun anymore. 

Not sure when you wrote this but its ironic now that college hoops is embroiled in perhaps the biggest scandal in modern American sports history. I heard the FBI issued a warning to all athletic directors that they better approach the FBI, before the FBI approaches them. This is going to be an ugly black stain hanging over this entire season. Hopefully in the end we will have a streamlined game, where the product won't be as good, but it will be played authentically by student athletes. As for the NFL, Trump made it FAR worse and divided everyone even more. In the end I couldn't care less about the kneeling, but I am getting sick of hearing about it every time I turn on a game or sportstalk radio. Im a huge Sporting and EPL fan, I can live with that if I have too during the fall if I have to listen to too much more of this. At least on these boards there's  football only portion. 

#57 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:11 PM

he'a libertarian as are many of us but nice try at deflection.. we already have an attorney here that is well practiced at such tactics.. they wont work here.

#58 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

Nobody in the Locker Room likes Donald. But don't say anything negative about him. It's complicated.

I say plenty of negative things about him

just like I say negative things about obam and hilliary

other people seem make it an obsession

(azchief!!!! gesundeheit)

sorry... had to sneeze

#59 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:29 PM