Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Political stuff

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#101 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:31 PM

old means 'aged' right?   :lol:  :lol:

:lol:

#102 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

For those of you who haven't been in the Locker Room for several years, accept the fact that none of us chose Trump.  Several were for Paul, several for a variety of other candidates, and none IIRC had Trump as a first choice.  When we voted, it was AGAINST Hillary.  She was totally unacceptable in our minds.  Once the primaries were over, Trump was the only alternative if Hillary was to be stopped.  Many of us did like some of the Trump campaign agenda such as tax reform, trade reform, deregulation, more secure borders, and getting ObamaCare changed or repealed.  What most of us really loved was his appointment of a real SC judge rather than some liberal activist that Hillary would have chosen.  Sometimes we defend Trump's policies.  Rarely do we defend the person.  He's a self centered buffoon, but not deserving of the hate and subversion coming from the media and the deep state.  If that seems to be defending him, so be it.  If that makes us neo-Nazis, the accusers need to study history and check their logic skills.  No one here will convince anyone else to change their minds or political philosophy.  Once that is accepted by everyone, we can have friendly and fun debates.  

You summed up my feelings in this post quite nicely.  I don't like Trump.  I didn't like Hillary.  My vote went for the 3rd party, which was really just a vote in protest of the candidates simply because the 3rd party had no chance of winning.  Trump is not a likable guy, and makes plenty of mistakes on his own, but the constant media attacks have gotten old.  I like the tax and trade reform.  I like the idea of sending the ACA out because I don't feel that any "fix" that requires insurance is an actual fix. 

The insurance tactic just detracts from the real issue of healthcare costs, drug costs, ungodly amounts of money physicians have to spend on malpractice insurance, etc.  I have never felt that anything the GOP has run out in repeal attempts has been any better.  Both the left and right are both failing miserably in terms of healthcare, IMO.  

I think the political climate of tearing down statues is stupid.  There's a lot of hatred out there, and I feel like the previous administration empowered a lot of that hatred.  Police are now the enemy.  The left is attempting to erase the civil war from our history.  Good, bad or indifferent, history is history.  A statue of Robert E Lee or Jefferson Davis suddenly became offensive because it was convenient after the emboldened hate from 08-16.  

I have never understood why anyone would be in favor of open borders?  I most definitely support immigration, but if I as a natural born citizen can't do anything without a SS number, then why should someone be able to illegally hop the border and help themselves?  We are a nation of immigrants, and when done properly through the proper channels, immigration is a beautiful thing.  I do support freezing funds to sanctuary cities.  

I get irritated with people when I end up defending Trump.  Some things he does are beyond defense, but he's not 100% wrong.  It just makes me feel dirty to have to defend such an arrogant asshole.  

• oldtimer, West, jetlord and 1 other like this

#103 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:04 PM

You summed up my feelings in this post quite nicely.  I don't like Trump.  I didn't like Hillary.  My vote went for the 3rd party, which was really just a vote in protest of the candidates simply because the 3rd party had no chance of winning.  Trump is not a likable guy, and makes plenty of mistakes on his own, but the constant media attacks have gotten old.  I like the tax and trade reform.  I like the idea of sending the ACA out because I don't feel that any "fix" that requires insurance is an actual fix. 

The insurance tactic just detracts from the real issue of healthcare costs, drug costs, ungodly amounts of money physicians have to spend on malpractice insurance, etc.  I have never felt that anything the GOP has run out in repeal attempts has been any better.  Both the left and right are both failing miserably in terms of healthcare, IMO.  

I think the political climate of tearing down statues is stupid.  There's a lot of hatred out there, and I feel like the previous administration empowered a lot of that hatred.  Police are now the enemy.  The left is attempting to erase the civil war from our history.  Good, bad or indifferent, history is history.  A statue of Robert E Lee or Jefferson Davis suddenly became offensive because it was convenient after the emboldened hate from 08-16.  

I have never understood why anyone would be in favor of open borders?  I most definitely support immigration, but if I as a natural born citizen can't do anything without a SS number, then why should someone be able to illegally hop the border and help themselves?  We are a nation of immigrants, and when done properly through the proper channels, immigration is a beautiful thing.  I do support freezing funds to sanctuary cities.  

I get irritated with people when I end up defending Trump.  Some things he does are beyond defense, but he's not 100% wrong.  It just makes me feel dirty to have to defend such an arrogant asshole.  

:lol:

#104 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:10 PM

What is it about Trump you don't like?

#105 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:43 PM

Very good post moons... you make some excellent points.

I can't stand trump... and his behavior in the primaries sealed it for me. I was a Rand supporter all the way... and then held my nose and voted for Johnson. Gary was a good fiscal candidate, but right before the election he did an interview where he stated that we needed to "act on the threat of global climate change."

By 'act' he could only mean one thing... essentially agreeing that we can tax and/or regulate ourselves into a better climate, which is of course nonsense, and certainly not something that a REAL libertarian candidate would ever endorse.

That said, he was (at least IMO) 100x better than trump, and 1000x better than hiLIARy. So he got my vote.

The GOP is constantly outflanked by the dems. We just have to get used to the fact this will never change. If they would have simply allowed obamcare to collapse on its own, that would have done more to convince Americans the absolute folly of socialized medicine than any debate or senate hearing ever could.

As for the border... we don't need a wall. First off, the way to stop the influx of illegals is simple: Turn off the magnet. Stop the food stamps, housing subsidies, free healthcare, free primary education, and free college education... and you'll see the brakes put down on illegal immigration. Then put a freeze on the ability of mexican nationals to wire money home to their relatives. What happens is, these folks work under the table and since they don't pay taxes, they have a significant amount of dollars that they can send home to their relatives. In order to wire money, you ought to be forced to show an ID and verify that you are indeed a legal taxpayer.

Lastly on the wall, I live very near the border. I have driven the entire length, from El Paso to San Diego. The stretch from the NM bootheel to the dunes outside of Yuma is some of the most rugged and mountainous terrain imaginable. Ain't no way anyone is building a wall there.

Sorry, just ain't happening. "The wall" is a pipe dream... a tool used by trump to get easy votes.

Lastly, I find myself defending trump at times... not because I like him, but because there is an all-out onslaught of hate and discontent from people who call themselves 'journalists'. Like Stephanopulous, Lauer, whoever is on CBS these days, PBS, CNN, Hollywood,... you name it. 

Trumps an ass. We get it. But when you compare their treatment of obam vs their treatment of trump... any reasonable observer would admit something ain't right. Unless of course, you are a member of the snowflake crowd who support antifa's tactics, yet insist trump is a fascist. People like this need to be fed a daily dose of 'news' that satisfies their confirmation bias. Anything that they don't agree with is automatically impugned as 'fake'. 

It's not good for the democracy. 

Welcome to the Coalition Moons.

#106 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:04 PM

Cracked? That's the best you could come up with after all the wonderful discussions we've had? So disappointed

I've seen one post from you outside this entrapment

#107 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:04 PM

Actually Mex and i have been to a Festivus (him maybe more), he has started and own businesses, employs a number of people, and is a successful entrepreneur who dropped more political and historical knowledge in the toilet this morning than you've demonstrated in your history in the LR... Just to correct you and all.

Typical donkey. Gets so personal.

Tbh Im surprised mex has gotten so far when it seems he's here half his time. Must be cracked up or something to be able to get so much done while crackin the locker room

#108 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:05 PM

I've seen one post from you outside this entrapment

Good. At least you're paying attention. I consider that a compliment, in fact.  ;)

#109 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:48 AM

Freaking new phones and their touchy keyboards. I have seen more and more misspelled words over the past year or so. I post something go back and look at it and have a 1/4 of the words misspelled, not because I'm a blooming idiot but because the touchpads are so touchy.

#110 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:24 AM

Typical donkey. Gets so personal.

Tbh Im surprised mex has gotten so far when it seems he's here half his time. Must be cracked up or something to be able to get so much done while crackin the locker room

you been payin' a lot of attention lately... got a fuckin' man crush or what?

sorry dude, I don't swing that direction

just so you don't get your hopes up  :lol:  :lol:

#111 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:48 AM

What is it about Trump you don't like?

Talking policy? I hate the rhetoric about the wall. We can have immigration reform without building an expensive, stupid and unnecessary wall. I hate that he has to have the last word on everything and has to tweet everything that comes into his head. I don’t like that he is so willing to side with republicans on healthcare reform that does nothing to control spending. I’m all for states rights, but block grants aren’t going to solve the problem, just like insurance didn’t solve the problem. Figure out a way to eliminate costs so it’s not so damn expensive, then insurance can follow suit and be more affordable due to lower costs.

I do like that he’s suddenly willing to work with dems. I’m a registered republican but my views are generally libertarian, as I support states rights and limited government. I think self sufficiency is as important as liberty itself. We need some bipartisanship to get some things done, because as far as I’m concerned both political parties can die in a car fire. I’m less concerned with party affiliation and more concerned with leadership that can pull in runaway spending, maintain our defenses and stop trying to manage our day to day lives, with ignorance like soda taxes (yes I realize those are municipal taxes) but the point is it’s not the right of the government to tell us what’s good and bad for us. Free will, self sufficiency and responsibility, those are my things.
  • West and azchief21 like this

#112 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:49 AM

Freaking new phones and their touchy keyboards. I have seen more and more misspelled words over the past year or so. I post something go back and look at it and have a 1/4 of the words misspelled, not because I'm a blooming idiot but because the touchpads are so touchy.

I often miss autocorrected words and later realize my post is a jumbled mess because of it.

#113 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:50 AM

you been payin' a lot of attention lately... got a fuckin' man crush or what?

sorry dude, I don't swing that direction

just so you don't get your hopes up :lol: :lol:

Shit I was about to say the same thing. Don't try no reverse psychology man I know how you swing

#114 Nibiru

Nibiru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:14 AM

When Price quit Orange man today it made 14 that have been cut or retired from his roster

That has got to be a record for the first 8 months

There are only 320 million people in this country
It looks like we may ALL be asked to be part of Trumps administration if he lasts 4 years

#115 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,785 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:18 PM

Talking policy? I hate the rhetoric about the wall. We can have immigration reform without building an expensive, stupid and unnecessary wall. I hate that he has to have the last word on everything and has to tweet everything that comes into his head. I don’t like that he is so willing to side with republicans on healthcare reform that does nothing to control spending. I’m all for states rights, but block grants aren’t going to solve the problem, just like insurance didn’t solve the problem. Figure out a way to eliminate costs so it’s not so damn expensive, then insurance can follow suit and be more affordable due to lower costs.

I do like that he’s suddenly willing to work with dems. I’m a registered republican but my views are generally libertarian, as I support states rights and limited government. I think self sufficiency is as important as liberty itself. We need some bipartisanship to get some things done, because as far as I’m concerned both political parties can die in a car fire. I’m less concerned with party affiliation and more concerned with leadership that can pull in runaway spending, maintain our defenses and stop trying to manage our day to day lives, with ignorance like soda taxes (yes I realize those are municipal taxes) but the point is it’s not the right of the government to tell us what’s good and bad for us. Free will, self sufficiency and responsibility, those are my things.

I like you.

#116 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:28 PM

Shit I was about to say the same thing.

Then you're smarter than I thought. (actually your contributions in cto are usually spot on, got no problem giving credit where credit is due)

#117 dhitter

dhitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:38 AM

Well there might be a very small chance Trump fanned the flame to promote his agenda

I am sure that didn't cross your mind though

Of course it crossed my mind. I think Trump says stuff cause he has no filter and blurts out dumb things...a lot! The wall to wall media is much more calculating than that. Maybe that didn't cross your mind.

• BroncoStud and mex like this

#118 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

Of course it crossed my mind. I think Trump says stuff cause he has no filter and blurts out dumb things...a lot! The wall to wall media is much more calculating than that. Maybe that didn't cross your mind.

precisely

#119 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:38 PM

Moons sure looks like a first round draft pick?

w

#120 Nibiru

Nibiru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:40 AM

Yeah I know the media is the bogeyman
They report the stupid shit Trumps says and does
  • omahacolt likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users