Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Las Vegas Shooting: 50 Killed and 406 Hurt Near Mandalay Bay

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#41 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:55 PM

I wish your party and Hillary Clinton agreed with you on this, it took them no time to politicize the tragedy.

i saw that as well

way too soon to be trying to make a point about gun control.  all i think about is what a piece of shit the dude is.  

• kcchief4lif likes this

#42 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:59 PM

I wish your party and Hillary Clinton agreed with you on this, it took them no time to politicize the tragedy.

Because Hillary has proven time and time again to be a politicizing, self serving piece of shit.  I think she fears irrelevancy.  The whiney book, and now this.  

The supporters of gun control, IMO, want to take the easy way out and just pass laws to be symbolic, but nothing more.  Bad people are going to kill.  People who are willing to kill don't give a damn about the law.  Knowing that, how are more laws going to change anything?  Look at Europe and how they still have mass killings with their attempted crackdowns on weapons.  People are the problem.  

• BroncoStud likes this

#43 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:04 PM

Because Hillary has proven time and time again to be a politicizing, self serving piece of shit.  I think she fears irrelevancy.  The whiney book, and now this.  

The supporters of gun control, IMO, want to take the easy way out and just pass laws to be symbolic, but nothing more.  Bad people are going to kill.  People who are willing to kill don't give a damn about the law.  Knowing that, how are more laws going to change anything?  Look at Europe and how they still have mass killings with their attempted crackdowns on weapons.  People are the problem.

Again I ask that we save our gun control arguments until we have more perspective.

#44 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:16 PM

Again I ask that we save our gun control arguments until we have more perspective.

i think you better e-mail Hillary that advice

Rachel Madcow etc

#45 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:53 PM

Even worse was the lawyer who works for CBS.  The jerk stated that the victims deserved the shootings because most country music fans are Republicans."  Now we can understand why CBS has been so biased for the last 60 years.

#46 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:55 PM

I re-learn that every year I pick up my Bow..my muscles dont remember very well

that ain't no shit

#47 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:58 PM

Even worse was the lawyer who works for CBS.  The jerk stated that the victims deserved the shootings because most country music fans are Republicans."  Now we can understand why CBS has been so biased for the last 60 years.

yea she's a real C#@t..thankfully she's been fired. I'm sure you'll see her crying on MSNBC

#48 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:02 PM

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING

#49 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:40 PM

nope

#50 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:40 AM

It's really sad.  We've become so divided that some people think anything they can dream up to say bad about the other side is okay.  And the audience cheers them on.

#51 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:10 AM

It's really sad. We've become so divided that some people think anything they can dream up to say bad about the other side is okay. And the audience cheers them on.

i don't know anyone that was cheering that nonsense on

#52 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:31 PM

i don't know anyone that was cheering that nonsense on

Watch the late night TV comedians and listen to the audience response to anything negative said about Trump, conservatives, religion, etc.  Watch Oprah or Maher or Whoopie.  They all say some outrageous, but predictable slam at the right and people cheer and applaud because everyone knows it's accepted leftist gospel.  I like comedy and poking fun at the opposition is a fine tradition, but it's gotten snarky, vicious and hateful.  Yes, both side do it, but the preponderance of comedy on TV and in the movies and theaters is aimed at the right and much has gone beyond satire and into hatefulness.  Guess it reflects the lowering of standards in our society in general.

#53 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:49 PM

Watch the late night TV comedians and listen to the audience response to anything negative said about Trump, conservatives, religion, etc.  Watch Oprah or Maher or Whoopie.  They all say some outrageous, but predictable slam at the right and people cheer and applaud because everyone knows it's accepted leftist gospel.  I like comedy and poking fun at the opposition is a fine tradition, but it's gotten snarky, vicious and hateful.  Yes, both side do it, but the preponderance of comedy on TV and in the movies and theaters is aimed at the right and much has gone beyond satire and into hatefulness.  Guess it reflects the lowering of standards in our society in general.

It was funny years ago when it was satirical, but it's not that anymore, it's blatant hateful shots. I really feel like the extreme hatred began half way through Bush 2's term, and has continued to spiral south since.  That's why I stopped watching the late night shows, SNL, etc a long time ago.  Everyone has political views, and they are always quick to inject them, appropriate or not.  That goes back to the players kneeling, I don't dispute their right to have views, but I find it completely inappropriate to use the platform provided to them by their employers to express those views, particularly when it's at the expense of the customers (fans). 

• West likes this

#54 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:43 PM

i saw that as well

way too soon to be trying to make a point about gun control.  all i think about is what a piece of shit the dude is.  

Yeah, that's how I feel too.  There aren't enough pitchforks in hell to torture that fucker with.

#55 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,785 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:21 PM

Anyone see the video showing muzzle flashes from the 12th floor? Could be conspiracy shit. I heard about it. Haven’t seen it.

#56 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:12 PM

Death Penalty would be too good for him.

w

#57 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:24 PM

Death Penalty would be too good for him.

w

I realize he's already dead, but I would support reinstating public executions for extremely heinous crimes like this, where the perp was caught red handed, and we're not relying on DNA or witness testimony.  People of this nature do not deserve humane treatment. 

#58 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:30 PM

I realize he's already dead, but I would support reinstating public executions for extremely heinous crimes like this, where the perp was caught red handed, and we're not relying on DNA or witness testimony. People of this nature do not deserve humane treatment.

Watch out we have plenty of anti death penalty (no matter how heinous the crime) folks in here.

#59 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

Watch out we have plenty of anti death penalty (no matter how heinous the crime) folks in here.

That's why I said in extremely heinous crimes where the perp is caught red handed, and there's no chance of DNA evidence being misinterpreted/planted/unreliable witnesses, etc.  In general, the death penalty is controversial because in the past a person convicted of a singular murder has later had convictions overturned due to new evidence/dna evidence, etc.  A mass murderer, serial killer, etc, where there are so many instances of murder to the point where being falsely attributed one or two won't change the outcome, I say strap em to a pole and let the firing squad have at it.  Then again, I'm not sure our mentally weak modern society could handle witnessing such a thing.  

#60 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:58 PM

Then again, I'm not sure our mentally weak modern society could handle witnessing such a thing.

Just make look like a video game and they will be fine with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users