Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

The Reason Hillary Lost

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:09 AM

imageedit_4956_5947254765.jpg

#2 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:32 PM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#3 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:59 PM

:lol: :lol:

#4 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:13 PM

lol...

w

#5 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:29 PM

I thought wilkie especially would appreciate this, being Catholic and all... 

#6 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:44 PM

He is a self proclaimed "cafeteria catholic"....He chooses what he wants from the buffet of faith.

w

#7 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:46 PM

:lol:  :lol:

#8 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:49 PM

He is a self proclaimed "cafeteria catholic"....He chooses what he wants from the buffet of faith.w

And you on the other hand are a true believer?

#9 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:05 AM

And you on the other hand are a true believer?

My Bible doesn't have a menu of options, but I'm not Catholic so maybe that's the difference.

#10 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:22 AM

My Bible doesn't have a menu of options, but I'm not Catholic so maybe that's the difference.

Lol
I was raised catholic. There is only their path. There is only A path.

#11 Chiefs Convert

Chiefs Convert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:47 AM

All Christians operate on the belief that there is a golden parachute of salvation. Not a belief system that has room to criticize in this manner, if you ask me.
  • Semo likes this

#12 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:11 AM

All Christians operate on the belief that there is a golden parachute of salvation. Not a belief system that has room to criticize in this manner, if you ask me.

Not a criticism of Catholics or any other religion.  Just a comment that one can't decide which parts to believe and reject the rest in one's chosen denomination.  The term "cafeteria Catholic" is a common one probably because many American Catholics claimed to be true to their beliefs yet chose to ignore the church's teachings on birth control.

#13 Chiefs Convert

Chiefs Convert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:56 PM

Fair enough.

#14 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,785 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:38 PM

Actually, you're wrong.  Most Christians believe that very few will receive salvation.  They think they live the perfect life and make the sacrifices and the evil ones deserve to be banished to a neverending torture chamber.  Lot of love there, huh?  I have news for them.  He came to save them which are lost.  Which is why, as a Christian, I have pretty much shunned mainstream Christianity from my life.  I believe that when Christ died for the sins of the whole world, that he died for the sins of the whole world.  Not just those that prayed a 20 second sinner's prayer at some church.  If even one person is lost, than His whole sacrifice was a failure.

JMO

#15 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:47 PM

I am a "Rudy" Catholic. I try my best to live up to the dogma of the Catholic Church. I very seldom meet the standard but I do try my best.

What I have a hard time with is the shifting of core values.

Examples:

1. As a boy, I was told homosexuality was evil and if you are a homosexual, you will go to hell.

2. As a boy, I was told abortion was murder and if you were party to an abortion(Father or Mother) you will go to hell.

Today, the views expressed by senior church officials is not consistent in either of these cases.

I do not hold on to either of these examples but merely put them out as "examples".

Most of my core values on religion come from St Thomas Aquinas.

w

#16 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:40 PM

My wife is catholic. Went to mass many times when the kids were young. Totally disagree that you can be an asshole all week and then completely absolve yourself by confessing. I saw so many people at mass who would hurry in just to take communion and then haul ass because the football game starts right after mass. I'm not very religious... but I believe what counts is what's in your heart. And how you live every day. Voting for career politicians who promise to 'tax the rich to help the poor' doesn't count.

#17 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:58 PM

I agree with you.....

Faith starts with the individual.....as does what is in one's heart.

I never thought that "confession" solves all the problems....kinda reduces the accountability factor? Its almost liberal-esque.

As far as I remember, the Old Testament God was pretty harsh so its better to do your best everyday, try to be better and

ask for forgiveness as a needed.

w
  • mex likes this

#18 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:24 PM

Actually, you're wrong.  Most Christians believe that very few will receive salvation.  They think they live the perfect life and make the sacrifices and the evil ones deserve to be banished to a neverending torture chamber.  Lot of love there, huh?  I have news for them.  He came to save them which are lost.  Which is why, as a Christian, I have pretty much shunned mainstream Christianity from my life.  I believe that when Christ died for the sins of the whole world, that he died for the sins of the whole world.  Not just those that prayed a 20 second sinner's prayer at some church.  If even one person is lost, than His whole sacrifice was a failure.

JMO

Funny how there's so many interpretations of what is taught in a few hundred pages of the Bible.  Being flawed humans, we have to screw up everything no matter how direct the instructions are.  Religion has been used to gain power, control people, and amass fortunes yet it all stems, at least Christianity, from a humble, serving, and loving source.  I don't blame organized churches.  The blame rests on sinful humanity who use them for their own purposes.

#19 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:27 PM

true dat...

w

#20 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member