Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Lets Talk Texans

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 kkuenn

kkuenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:46 AM

We win 27 to 17.

#22 Dablueguy

Dablueguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:14 AM

Houston is has nothing on Washington.

FAR better defense in every area, FAR better WR's, Better RB's.   I think what will be ultimately a better, more dangerous QB, if he's not already.  Wash has better TE's, and a better OL.  

#23 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:34 AM

FAR better defense in every area, FAR better WR's, Better RB's. I think what will be ultimately a better, more dangerous QB, if he's not already. Wash has better TE's, and a better OL.

Far better defense? I'll disagree. They have played who?

#24 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:05 AM

They got crushed by the Jags (without Watson but Watson doesn't play D), squeeked by Cincy, lost to the Pats, and crushed the Titans. Their offense has really picked up under Watson. I predict another close one 24-20 CHIEFS!!

#25 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:08 AM

Common opponent: New England we won of course in NE and Houiston lost a close one in NE. On that note....how hideous is New England's defense? They can't stop anyone.

#26 sith13

sith13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:39 AM

Funny how every week seems to be the toughest game so far.  :lol:  PIT will be worse and then there's those hard-to-win divisional games against playoff quality opponents.  On paper, this should be the easiest for the next five but if Watson does his magic, the Chiefs could very well lose.  It just goes to show how even the league is.  For example, only four AFC teams have less than two losses in four weeks.  Parity rules.

May be every game is tough in the NFL  :unsure:  :D

I doubt Texans would be tough against a healthy Chiefs team but our injuries play into their strengths, allowing them to dominate in various areas while stopping us from exploiting theirs. 

#27 Dablueguy

Dablueguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:39 AM

It's not who they've played.  It's who they have as players compared to Wash.  Was has one scary player in Kerrigan.  Norman is real good.  Houston has JJ, Mercilous, and Clowney as scary good players all in the front 7.  

• gochiefsgo likes this

#28 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

It's not who they've played. It's who they have as players compared to Wash. Was has one scary player in Kerrigan. Norman is real good. Houston has JJ, Mercilous, and Clowney as scary good players all in the front 7.

lol did they get scarier since the last few times we played them?

#29 Dablueguy

Dablueguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:15 PM

lol did they get scarier since the last few times we played them?

They beat us last year 19-12 with Brock Osweiler at QB, and held us to zero TD's.  So yes, they are scarier now with a far more dangerous QB, and a back to health JJ Watt.  

• fanatic likes this

#30 soonerborn77

soonerborn77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:22 PM

It will be the toughest defense we will have faced so far, what puts them above everyone else in my opinion is we are playing them in the dome at night so will have to deal with that crowd along with an already good defense.

#31 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:27 PM

They got crushed by the Jags (without Watson but Watson doesn't play D), squeeked by Cincy, lost to the Pats, and crushed the Titans. Their offense has really picked up under Watson. I predict another close one 24-20 CHIEFS!!

Watson played against the Jags I think.

#32 dksww

dksww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationCaslte Rock, Co

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:30 PM

It will be a close game for sure. 

#33 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:35 PM

Watson played against the Jags I think.

I stand corrected. He relieved Savage

#34 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:35 PM

They beat us last year 19-12 with Brock Osweiler at QB, and held us to zero TD's. So yes, they are scarier now with a far more dangerous QB, and a back to health JJ Watt.

Meh. Charcandrick West was our leading rusher and Tyreek was still a gadget player. 1 early td and a bunch of fg's for both teams. Not exactly scary. Both are different teams now. I'll take suttons D vs a rookie qb most days.

#35 Gil

Gil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:54 PM

34-16 Chiefs

#36 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

Do any of the scout guys know what happened to battleredtexan? I haven't seen him around for a while.

#37 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:17 PM

Meh. Charcandrick West was our leading rusher and Tyreek was still a gadget player. 1 early td and a bunch of fg's for both teams. Not exactly scary. Both are different teams now. I'll take suttons D vs a rookie qb most days.

Same. That first year when Reid and Sutton took over, the Chiefs faced off against several backups and rookie QBs and made them all take a step back after seeing shit drippin from their pants. Granted that was 2013, it's the same coordinator

#38 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:18 PM

Houston has a good team. They were mentioned in the Super Bowl conversation prior to that horrendous opener. Defense is really good and offense has a bunch of weapons. I do think Watson is a guy teams don't know how to defend yet and if we could figure that riddle out (IE keep him in the pocket), we will win. If we lose containment like we did with Cousins, its going to be a long day. 

#39 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:22 PM

In fact Sutton is playing defense a little different this year. We are dropping back 8 in coverage quite frequently and only rushing 3. Houston himself has only rushed the passer 50% of his plays. I like this idea early on in the season. Rushing the passer every passing down may end up injuring Houston and he just fully recovered. No need for some bs. Also, this allows for more exotic blitzes down the road towards the playoffs.

Whatever it is, it's working, and it's different than previous years. I don't like how Ramik wasn't the starter last game but fuck it lets experiment

#40 robgar

robgar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:04 PM

I'm kinda tired of hearing about jj watt an how great here is..

Houston. Needs to fear the real beast and the hulk. Houstons o line is about a single arm curl for Chris Jones. QBs are avg like 51 % completions with as many picks as tds.. yeah and i am supposed to appreciate these guys. Hmph Houston. Beware Houston is coming to visit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users