Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Lets Talk Texans

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:04 AM

This will be a big challenge. Great defense and running QB. Not to mention good receivers. Hoping the Big Lites may be a factor for the rookie. Road Game. We need Ford back!

I think I prefer Zombo over Ford. Less snaps and more production. Of course, Ford has a sack and Zombo doesn't but Zombo is better against the run. It's kind of a push. Neither are the answer.

#42 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:08 AM

I'm kinda tired of hearing about jj watt an how great here is..

Houston. Needs to fear the real beast and the hulk. Houstons o line is about a single arm curl for Chris Jones. QBs are avg like 51 % completions with as many picks as tds.. yeah and i am supposed to appreciate these guys. Hmph Houston. Beware Houston is coming to visit.

I think Watt is about done. He is on pace for 0 sacks. He will likely have a good game against us because we give up sacks. But so does Houston. I think we are the two teams that have given up the most sacks. I could be wrong.

#43 DefensiveMan

DefensiveMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:07 AM

First off Ramik Wilson, needs to start. Let's not get cute. That's his job - he's earned it. Ragland looked like a Rag doll out there. He's not quite ready for the big stage. 

Need to contain Watson in the pocket. Make him a pocket passer. TN played a lot of zone against him. Let's see how he does against tight man coverage. Watson will throw a few up for grabs there's no question about it. Oh, and TN QBs through 4 picks setting up great field position for Houston and give them credit they punched it in every time. Alex Smith, is due for an INT but I don't see it in this game. The Chiefs will take care of the ball. Alex is too much of a threat indoors and plays extremely well in domes. Andy will have a good gameplan lined up (hopefully). We owe them one from last year.

Chiefs 27

Tex Mex 20

#44 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:20 AM

Houston has a bit of an advantage in that the Chiefs played on Monday.  Isn't there a state someplace that shows team operating on a short week don't do so well?  Should be interesting.  One thing is certain.  If the Chiefs are close at the half, they've got Houston right where they want them.  

#45 sith13

sith13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:56 AM

I think I prefer Zombo over Ford. Less snaps and more production. Of course, Ford has a sack and Zombo doesn't but Zombo is better against the run. It's kind of a push. Neither are the answer.

Zombo is supposed to give Houston the flexibility to rush the QB more often but he's not a solid option when rushing himself. Rather than as a starter opposite to Houston I would probably rotate the two depending on the situation. That being said Zombo looks weird when rushing the passer as if he hasn't done it a thousand times in the past.

#46 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:09 AM

Houston has a bit of an advantage in that the Chiefs played on Monday.  Isn't there a state someplace that shows team operating on a short week don't do so well?  Should be interesting.  One thing is certain.  If the Chiefs are close at the half, they've got Houston right where they want them.  

Chiefs are playing with confidence... It should be a close one. Don't expect to win every game, but we can beat Houston

#47 dhitter

dhitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:51 PM

What's odd is almost every analyst for ESPN, NFL network, CBSsports, SI, etc...picks the Chiefs to win. Even the computer models I saw favored KC.

Yet when you scroll through the comments section almost every fan picks Houston for the upset.

Just weird how overwhelmingly lopsided the opinion is for both groups. Guess we'll see who is right.

#48 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

Law of averages say we lose at some point. Fans are just looking for the upset.

#49 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:08 PM

that made me chuckle..not disagreeing with you but  just hit my funny bone

#50 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:17 PM

that made me chuckle..not disagreeing with you but just hit my funny bone

Lol
I think all these pickem pools, gambling etc, sway people to look for the "upset"

Do I think we'll lose, no.

#51 dhitter

dhitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:18 PM

Yes...but there is no rule that says it has to be this week. 😉
  • KCSLC2008 likes this

#52 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:22 PM

Yes...but there is no rule that says it has to be this week. 😉

As I said, I don't think we lose ;)
I think outsiders are looking for it though

#53 dhitter

dhitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:25 PM

As I said, I don't think we lose ;)
I think outsiders are looking for it though

Agreed. Nobody likes an undefeated team unless it's the one they root for.
  • KCSLC2008 likes this

#54 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:29 PM

Agreed. Nobody likes an undefeated team unless it's the one they root for.

certainly applies to me

#55 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

Recently people have jumped on the Watson train and have fallen in love with him. Yea he's put up good numbers and is an exciting player but he's played NE #32nd rank D and Tennessee #29th rank D. We also know that everyone falls all over Watrs at every turn. That's one of the reason fans are looking at a Houston upsetting the Chiefs. Plus the Chiefs record on prime time road games in the past hasn't been stellar. Again that is in PAST.

#56 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

Recently people have jumped on the Watson train and have fallen in love with him. Yea he's put up good numbers and is an exciting player but he's played NE #32nd rank D and Tennessee #29th rank D. We also know that everyone falls all over Watrs at every turn. That's one of the reason fans are looking at a Houston upsetting the Chiefs. Plus the Chiefs record on prime time road games in the past hasn't been stellar. Again that is in PAST.

Agree.  The national media is looking for the next big deal and Watson is it based on last Sunday's numbers.  If he get hot against the Chiefs, Houston will win.  I don't see the Chiefs scoring a lot of points there.  If Watson plays like a rookie, the Chiefs win.  They're due for some turnovers and special teams plays.  Let's just hope that Watson doesn't scramble the Chiefs to death.

• fanatic likes this

#57 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:00 PM

45-9
KC

#58 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:07 PM

Agree.  The national media is looking for the next big deal and Watson is it based on last Sunday's numbers.  If he get hot against the Chiefs, Houston will win.  I don't see the Chiefs scoring a lot of points there.  If Watson plays like a rookie, the Chiefs win.  They're due for some turnovers and special teams plays.  Let's just hope that Watson doesn't scramble the Chiefs to death.

Watson got hot against NE and they still lost. So I don't think it's as simple as that. The one thing that has been evident this thus far this season is that we've been behind in three of the four games and have found a way to bounce back. IF Houston go behind, how will they react? it's those little things that can make all the difference.

#59 fanatic

fanatic

Resident tool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:44 PM

Ford, Morse and Tardif ruled out for Sunday.

#60 CHiefSP

CHiefSP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:58 PM

Sucks that Ford is out again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users