Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Lets Talk Texans

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:08 PM

Biggest nightmare?  Chiefs stop Houston on the first two down and Watson scrambles on third down and the defense can't get off the field.  If that happens too often, it will become very frustrating.  Can't keep harping on missing Berry, but he'd have come in real handy against Watson's improvising.

#62 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:19 PM

We are about the same as we were last year with him. Last year with Berry we were the 26th ranked D by yards. This year without him, we are 26th. Last year, just under 20 points per game. This year, the same. Berry is a very good player, but he isn't on this defense. Sutton adjusts. It's not as bid a deal as people make it out to be IMO.

#63 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:46 PM

I will say that if he lost Berry and Houston and Jones, maybe he couldn't keep it up. But ther is no one or two players that can derail this guy. Next man up.

I have noticed that Murray is seeing more snaps and seems to be improving.

#64 robgar

robgar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:01 AM

Next big media thing is kc

#65 dhitter

dhitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:33 AM

The Texans QB looked very poised for a rookie. But if you are going off the Titans game then consider the fact the Titans turned the ball over on their very 1st drive. They also committed several costly PI penalties that set up other scores. And they continued to turn the ball over. 

The Texans love to slip the running back out of the backfield and do misdirection throws. Titans totally made zero adjustments to stop it. Guys were literally wide open all day. Not to say every pass was that way. Watson threw a couple of passes in tight coverage right on the money. But truthfully, the Titans totally shot themselves in the foot repeatedly. And their contain was poor so Watson did a lot with his feet. This does concern me.

The Texans defense didn't scare me. The Titans could move the ball when Marriota was in the game. So the Chiefs need to just dominate the TOP, have long sustained drives and get in the endzone. That will disrupt the Texans offensive flow I believe.

• KCSLC2008 likes this

#66 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:41 AM

FAR better defense in every area, FAR better WR's, Better RB's. I think what will be ultimately a better, more dangerous QB, if he's not already. Wash has better TE's, and a better OL.

Hm?

#67 DefensiveMan

DefensiveMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:14 AM

The Texans QB looked very poised for a rookie. But if you are going off the Titans game then consider the fact the Titans turned the ball over on their very 1st drive. They also committed several costly PI penalties that set up other scores. And they continued to turn the ball over.

The Texans love to slip the running back out of the backfield and do misdirection throws. Titans totally made zero adjustments to stop it. Guys were literally wide open all day. Not to say every pass was that way. Watson threw a couple of passes in tight coverage right on the money. But truthfully, the Titans totally shot themselves in the foot repeatedly. And their contain was poor so Watson did a lot with his feet. This does concern me.

The Texans defense didn't scare me. The Titans could move the ball when Marriota was in the game. So the Chiefs need to just dominate the TOP, have long sustained drives and get in the endzone. That will disrupt the Texans offensive flow I believe.

Seems like it so far DH. I like the 3 man rushes.

#68 ChiefsFoolFan

ChiefsFoolFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:30 AM

Am I the only one who thinks we should pull AS11 right now? I don't want to risk getting him hurt.

#69 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:06 AM

Like i said... not that scary. Houston is overrated. Wahsington was a better challenge.

#70 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:45 PM

Like i said... not that scary. Houston is overrated. Wahsington was a better challenge.

easier to say with Merciless & Watt out..  Watson throwing Jump ball would of been a great game plan and they shoulda started doing that  earlier

#71 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

easier to say with Merciless & Watt out.. Watson throwing Jump ball would of been a great game plan and they shoulda started doing that earlier

Bah watt gets hurt every time our oline looks at him. Predictable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users