Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

I hope Peters isn't reverting to his college antics

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:45 PM

I guess Peters got into it with fans and reporters after Monday nights game. I understand he was frustrated after being burnt several times but he has to remember where he's at and who he is representing. I love his skill set but not his off field and sometimes on field antics.

I guess Andy saw what happened and wasn't happy, same for Alex and possibly Hill.

#2 dksww

dksww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationCaslte Rock, Co

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:06 PM

He shouted at fans in the stands after the 2nd TD. 

He gave a "bad interview" after the game.  the media doesn't like it when players give bad interview.

The PF he got @SD was his first since week 2 of last year.

He got into a shouting match with the UW HC and got kicked off the team for it.

He hasn't had any off the field problems in college or the pros.

#3 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

he's is own worst enemy..,IMO  its aplan to get traded or released to go play for the Raiders..If Emmitt Thomas can reel him in I doubt any white coach can.

not sure what  the solution is unless trade him to a team you are confident will have a top 5-8 pick.

I think he's been hanging with old washed up skittles too much

#4 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:16 PM

he's is own worst enemy..,IMO  its aplan to get traded or released to go play for the Raiders..If Emmitt Thomas can reel him in I doubt any white coach can.

not sure what  the solution is unless trade him to a team you are confident will have a top 5-8 pick.

I think he's been hanging with old washed up skittles too much

I don't think Marcus Peters ever planned anything in his life. He just occasionally does bad/dumb things. I don't think he's unhappy here, he just made some mistakes out of anger.

#5 Dablueguy

Dablueguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:22 PM

I think not having Ballard and Dorsey hurts us with Marcus.  Ballard is the guy who really got to know him and recommended the pick, and minimized the U of W and off field stuff.  Dorsey was his biggest defender.  

I don't mind any of the non on the field stuff Marcus gets into.  As long as he doesn't get flagged for stuff, like Kelce continuosly does, he can do what he wants before the game with a song, after the game with reporters, or during the game with idiot fans.  

#6 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:31 PM

It hurts to get toasted twice for TDs on national TV.

• ATLchief likes this

#7 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:33 PM

We knew what we were getting into with Peters. Same thing Andy talked about when he picked Kelce. You need players like this and just hope you can keep them in check enough they don't hurt you. The sitting for the anthem deal though is probably wearing on him as much as it is the fan base. I think it's starting to impact his play and likewise no Eric Berry back there to help ease him through it.

#8 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:53 PM

EB is on the side lines and hanging around maybe still in meetings helping is he not? I dont know just asking but I'd sure think he is and if not should be

#9 gochiefsgo

gochiefsgo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, Missouri

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:15 PM

It sounded like Peters, who is an inelegant man to be sure, was down on himself for the 2 tds he gave up and he will do whatever he can to figure that out in the film room this week.

#10 AppalachianChief

AppalachianChief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:26 PM

Cancer! The kid is gonna hurt the whole team. He is a punk and needs to just play football and stop all the other bullshit. It's gonna get worse with Peters, remember I told you so. I'm not looking through red goggles.
  • BriLander likes this

#11 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:57 PM

He probably needs to focus on his inner wellbeing and football versus worrying about social issues and protesting.

If he wants to be more involved in social issues and protesting that's fine as well but I hope he learns to separate the two if not he may be looking for a new profession.

It's obvious people in general want the players, like DRs, cops, servers etc just to do their damn job.

#12 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:58 PM

I think he was going to boil up again at some point. Maybe he will settle back down for awhile. He will always be emotional and angry. That is who he is. Take the good with the bad.

I hope he is ready because Mitchell's play is going to send targets his way. I think he will be fine. I hope.

#13 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:21 PM

It hurts to get toasted twice for TDs on national TV.

You guys are funny. Really think about what you are Saying. He was hardly toasted. He was right there on both throws. Both were perfect spots. First one was a push off.
Toasted is getting lost like Gaines or beat by 10 yards...

#14 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:25 PM

EB is on the side lines and hanging around maybe still in meetings helping is he not? I dont know just asking but I'd sure think he is and if not should be

he was on the sidelines Monday night... I would assume he's leading from the bench to the best of his ability

#15 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:27 PM

I think he was going to boil up again at some point. Maybe he will settle back down for awhile. He will always be emotional and angry. That is who he is. Take the good with the bad.

I hope he is ready because Mitchell's play is going to send targets his way. I think he will be fine. I hope.

good corners have a chip on their shoulder

remember the dale carter days....

#16 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:38 PM

You guys are funny. Really think about what you are Saying. He was hardly toasted. He was right there on both throws. Both were perfect spots. First one was a push off.
Toasted is getting lost like Gaines or beat by 10 yards...

Eh....allowing 2 TDs in a close game is pretty toasty. He wasn't right there or he would have broke them up. He was close but you know what they say about close. Gaines is clueless. 

• BriLander likes this

#17 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:41 PM

I honestly think some of the bitterness displayed towards him on this thread is simply because the man is not standing for the anthem. And to me, this just stupid. He is one of the best players we have on this team, FACT!!. Yes, he didn't have his best game on Monday, but that's how the game goes. You win some, you lose some. I heard his interview and he spent the entire thing chastising himself and vowing to come back stronger. So how on earth was that a "bad" interview?

Some folks need to get over themselves. As far as I'm concerned he can sit for the anthem as long as he wants. If people haven't got enough common sense, or compassion, to understand WHY him and many other players are sitting/kneeling, then that's their problem, not his.

• wilkie, omahacolt and Dablueguy like this

#18 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:51 PM

I honestly think some of the bitterness displayed towards him on this thread is simply because the man is not standing for the anthem. And to me, this just stupid. He is one of the best players we have on this team, FACT!!. Yes, he didn't have his best game on Monday, but that's how the game goes. You win some, you lose some. I heard his interview and he spent the entire thing chastising himself and vowing to come back stronger. So how on earth was that a "bad" interview?

Some folks need to get over themselves. As far as I'm concerned he can sit for the anthem as long as he wants. If people haven't got enough common sense, or compassion, to understand WHY him and many other players are sitting/kneeling, then that's their problem, not his.

I can easily separate the kneeling with game play. He had a bad game. When he has good games I'll mention that as well.

#19 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:52 PM

good corners have a chip on their shoulder

remember the dale carter days....

Yep, I do. I like that attitude. Wish he was a little smarter, but I think that pissed off all the time mentality is good for a CB.
  • mex likes this

#20 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:02 AM

I can easily separate the kneeling with game play. He had a bad game. When he has good games I'll mention that as well.

Which had been about 18 in row.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users