Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

I hope Peters isn't reverting to his college antics

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#21 AppalachianChief

AppalachianChief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:05 AM

I honestly think some of the bitterness displayed towards him on this thread is simply because the man is not standing for the anthem. And to me, this just stupid. He is one of the best players we have on this team, FACT!!. Yes, he didn't have his best game on Monday, but that's how the game goes. You win some, you lose some. I heard his interview and he spent the entire thing chastising himself and vowing to come back stronger. So how on earth was that a "bad" interview?

Some folks need to get over themselves. As far as I'm concerned he can sit for the anthem as long as he wants. If people haven't got enough common sense, or compassion, to understand WHY him and many other players are sitting/kneeling, then that's their problem, not his.

He can't have it both ways! He drawing attention to himself by his antics during the Anthem and you are damn right that pisses me off however if Peters wants to draw attention to himself he damn well better back it up with his play and against Washington he did not perform well, so the fans let him hear it and what did he do he acted like a punk and started cussing fans. It's gonna get worse until he is gone he will cost this team late in the season if he don't quit the childish, foolish bullshit and just play football that is what he is paid to do. PERIOD!
  • AlwaysChiefs likes this

#22 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:05 AM

Which had been about 18 in row.

Kneeling and good games. For one he has to start a new streak.

#23 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:23 AM

I honestly think some of the bitterness displayed towards him on this thread is simply because the man is not standing for the anthem. And to me, this just stupid. He is one of the best players we have on this team, FACT!!. Yes, he didn't have his best game on Monday, but that's how the game goes. You win some, you lose some. I heard his interview and he spent the entire thing chastising himself and vowing to come back stronger. So how on earth was that a "bad" interview?

Some folks need to get over themselves. As far as I'm concerned he can sit for the anthem as long as he wants. If people haven't got enough common sense, or compassion, to understand WHY him and many other players are sitting/kneeling, then that's their problem, not his.

I don't like his kneeling and I have always supported himand still do. I just think he needs to remember that he is an entertainer and once an entertainer stops being entertaining and starts being a poison pill thats when his supporters will stop supporting him to include, coaches, owners, players and fans.
  • oldtimer and BriLander like this

#24 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:44 AM

I'm sure the fans were giving him shit for kneeling after he let up those TDs, which is wrong. And he talked back to them, which too was wrong.

Still need him if we want a superbowl, so sorry not sorry to say, but he's absolutely not going anywhere.

#25 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:49 AM

I'm sure the fans were giving him shit for kneeling after he let up those TDs, which is wrong. And he talked back to them, which too was wrong.

I could care less if he kneels or not... I didn't stand during the national anthem Monday night. I sat on my couch drinking a beer and posting here. Now, if I'm at the game in person... I stand. Don't expect everyone else to do the same, don't care if others don't.

But when you decide to take a stand in a way that you know is going to offend a significant part of your fan base, don't be surprised if they give you a little grief after a (relatively) bad game.

Take it like a man, and move on.

#26 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:02 AM

He can't have it both ways! He drawing attention to himself by his antics during the Anthem and you are damn right that pisses me off however if Peters wants to draw attention to himself he damn well better back it up with his play and against Washington he did not perform well, so the fans let him hear it and what did he do he acted like a punk and started cussing fans. It's gonna get worse until he is gone he will cost this team late in the season if he don't quit the childish, foolish bullshit and just play football that is what he is paid to do. PERIOD!

Well you call it "antics", and you call it "bullshit", but he and other players are doing it for a reason. And if you cannot comprehend why, then like I said, that's your business, not his. The fact is it seems like a large percentage of white America don't care about the issues these players are raising, so why should they care if you're "angry" or not? Peters sat for the anthem in the previous three games and had been excellent in all of them. So needless to say, I ain't worried about his performances moving forward.  

The bottom line is I don't care what players do off the pitch. I just want to see the guys win and that's it. And lastly, if you read the third verse of the anthem, one could argue that Black American's have every right not to stand for it.

• omahacolt and Dablueguy like this

#27 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:42 AM

Well you call it "antics", and you call it "bullshit", but he and other players are doing it for a reason. And if you cannot comprehend why, then like I said, that's your business, not his. The fact is it seems like a large percentage of white America don't care about the issues these players are raising, so why should they care if you're "angry" or not? Peters sat for the anthem in the previous three games and had been excellent in all of them. So needless to say, I ain't worried about his performances moving forward.

The bottom line is I don't care what players do off the pitch. I just want to see the guys win and that's it. And lastly, if you read the third verse of the anthem, one could argue that Black American's have every right not to stand for it.

This stuff belongs in the locker room forum.

#28 dhitter

dhitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:59 AM

Look...Peters is what he is. The anthem thing bothers me a little but not going to rake him for it. I do hate he represents the Chiefs when he wants to act like a punk. Don't care what others say...he got burned for 2 TD's. The first one was especially frustrating because he let the receiver get behind him on a long route. "Oh but the quarterback threw a great pass". Imagine that...a starting quarterback at the NFL level throwing a great pass. Unheard of.

Also, Peters seems angry. And I don't mean "I gotta chip on my shoulder because Ike Taylor doesn't rank me as the #1 corner in football" angry. It seems more like a general disposition. The first kind is usually funneled into results on the field. The 2nd one..not so much.

#29 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:21 AM

Look...Peters is what he is. The anthem thing bothers me a little but not going to rake him for it. I do hate he represents the Chiefs when he wants to act like a punk. Don't care what others say...he got burned for 2 TD's. The first one was especially frustrating because he let the receiver get behind him on a long route. "Oh but the quarterback threw a great pass". Imagine that...a starting quarterback at the NFL level throwing a great pass. Unheard of.

Also, Peters seems angry. And I don't mean "I gotta chip on my shoulder because Ike Taylor doesn't rank me as the #1 corner in football" angry. It seems more like a general disposition. The first kind is usually funneled into results on the field. The 2nd one..not so much.

Is what he is- a great corner.

#30 sith13

sith13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:52 AM

I think the coaching staff will take care of this but there seems to be a general lack of leadership among the team. There's so much the off-field guys can do, we need someone on the field to step up.

• BriLander likes this

#31 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:08 AM

I think the coaching staff will take care of this but there seems to be a general lack of leadership among the team. There's so much the off-field guys can do, we need someone on the field to step up.

Houston has already stated he has assumed that role.

#32 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:36 AM

Houston has been that role. DJ too. Sith, you crazy.

#33 sith13

sith13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:08 AM

Well I guess he should start leading the pack. Media loves controversy and will probably try to blow things like this out of proportion and keep baiting Peters throughout the year.

#34 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

Eric Berry is the clear leader of the defense and really missed. But then again we only had 3 penalties on Monday so that's major progress by the coaching staff.

#35 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:06 PM

Don't disagree but after what happened in Las Vegas it's hard to imagine any American not to want to rise in respect for first responders and to honor the dead. At least for one game. The other 103 players agreed. Personally i think Peters is a ticking time bomb of emotion and if we don't have the guys to defuse it, this will get worse.

#36 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:32 PM

Don't disagree but after what happened in Las Vegas it's hard to imagine any American not to want to rise in respect for first responders and to honor the dead. At least for one game. The other 103 players agreed. Personally i think Peters is a ticking time bomb of emotion and if we don't have the guys to defuse it, this will get worse.

There was a moment of silence before the anthem. Of which all the players paid their respects. So he did honor those poor people who tragically died in LV. What happened was horrible, but so is the senseless murder of unarmed black people too. The situation is sad all around the board. But Peters was just sticking to his convictions and I can't knock him for that.  

• Dablueguy likes this

#37 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:42 PM

There was a moment of silence before the anthem. Of which all the players paid their respects. So he did honor those poor people who tragically died in LV. What happened was horrible, but so is the senseless murder of unarmed black people too. The situation is sad all around the board. But Peters was just sticking to his convictions and I can't knock him for that.

Those first responders who were largely police put themselves in harms way to save people of all colors. To not have respect for that for even one game is just a person who doesn't get it or doesn't care. He can certainly do what he wants. But reality the KCMO police has reached out to him to discuss the issues and he hasn't even bothered to return their calls, speaks volumes. He's hurting his own cause by being an emotional cripple in my opinion.

#38 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:53 PM

Those first responders who were largely police put themselves in harms way to save people of all colors. To not have respect for that for even one game is just a person who doesn't get it or doesn't care. He can certainly do what he wants. But reality the KCMO police has reached out to him to discuss the issues and he hasn't even bothered to return their calls, speaks volumes. He's hurting his own cause by being an emotional cripple in my opinion.

Which first responders? The ones in LV? Well may God be with them. But that doesn't mean another cop won't shoot a black person tomorrow and get away with it, does it? The fight for justice doesn't have an "off and on" switch my friend. He paid respects with the moment of silence and then carried on his protest for equality. People might not like it, but people didn't like MLK either. 

• omahacolt likes this

#39 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:00 PM

ok you two..take it to the LR or the parking lot ..social issues go to the LR

#40 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators