Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

I hope Peters isn't reverting to his college antics

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

Ok, no problem guys. 

#42 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:30 PM

MisChief-Maker, are you this upset in regards to the black on black shootings in the inner cities specifically Chicago? Or are you just upset about perceived police brutality against blacks? Or are you just upset about perceived police brutality against anyone? What is it that pisses you off, inquiring minds want to know?

#43 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:11 PM

We've warned multiple times now.

I would just contend that this is on point with Peters lack of ability to control  his emotions and it will directly negatively impact the game at some point. A football issue. 

#44 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:13 PM

I would just contend that this is on point with Peters lack of ability to control  his emotions and it will directly negatively impact the game at some point. A football issue.

I think we were okay until we started talking about black on black crime and police shootings.
  • oldtimer likes this

#45 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:16 PM

There was a moment of silence before the anthem. Of which all the players paid their respects. So he did honor those poor people who tragically died in LV. What happened was horrible, but so is the senseless murder of unarmed black people too. The situation is sad all around the board. But Peters was just sticking to his convictions and I can't knock him for that.  

Since this has been moved to the locker room I will respond by simply asking if Marcus Peters really cared about this then why is he not responding to the KCMO fraternal order of Police request he meet with them to address his grievances? He's now yelling profanities at fans as well? This guy just has a very low emotional IQ and its embarrassing the city and team. I spent the last two weeks defending a players right to kneel. But when you add up his laundry list of actions, I see a guy who is doing nothing but hurting the cause he's says he is advocating for. 

#46 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:23 PM

I gained a lot of respect for Brandon Marshall when he met with the police in Denver.

#47 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:26 PM

I think we were okay until we started talking about black on black crime and police shootings.

ding ding ding..winner winner chicken dinner

#48 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:32 PM

A lot of people think I'm some kind of genius or something.

#49 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:37 PM

:lol:

#50 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:40 PM

Well maybe but then we saw the video you posted in the Jus Checkin thread of the Outdoors Forum. ;)

• oldtimer likes this

#51 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:50 PM

good corners have a chip on their shoulder

remember the dale carter days....

It's a double edged sword.  I love players that have a chip on their shoulder.  I want guys that get pissed when they fuck up or get beat.  I don't want guys that laugh and shrug adversity off.  I want to know that you care.  On the other side of the coin, you need to have that proverbial chip while understanding that football is the ultimate team game.  Don't put your personal feelings above or beyond the team.  Leave your fucking politics at home.  You have to be at the top of your game for teams to tolerate bullshit, and there's a fine line there.  If you bring unwanted attention to the team, if your play slips just a little bit, you become a liability.  He's not there yet, but I have a feeling it's coming.  Personally, if we could flip him for a pick to get back into the first round, then we've essentially traded Peters for Mahomes, and I take that trade all day every day.  

#52 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:52 PM

Since this has been moved to the locker room I will respond by simply asking if Marcus Peters really cared about this then why is he not responding to the KCMO fraternal order of Police request he meet with them to address his grievances? He's now yelling profanities at fans as well? This guy just has a very low emotional IQ and its embarrassing the city and team. I spent the last two weeks defending a players right to kneel. But when you add up his laundry list of actions, I see a guy who is doing nothing but hurting the cause he's says he is advocating for. 

The answer is simple.  He's another guy in the spotlight who at the end of the day doesn't really give a shit, it's just the flavor of the moment and he's taking part.  It's a lot easier to bitch about something than it is to make a difference, and someone who protests without making an effort to impact his perceived wrongs is nothing but a poser with a "look at me" attitude.  

#53 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:02 PM

Well maybe but then we saw the video you posted in the Jus Checkin thread of the Outdoors Forum. ;)

Hey. That's high quality singing.

#54 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:34 PM

MisChief-Maker, are you this upset in regards to the black on black shootings in the inner cities specifically Chicago? Or are you just upset about perceived police brutality against blacks? Or are you just upset about perceived police brutality against anyone? What is it that pisses you off, inquiring minds want to know?

hey look

63 is one again missing the point in fantastic fashion.  black on black shootings have nothing to do with this protest.  why is that so hard for you to understand?  this is one thing.  that is another thing.  only morons lump them together

• Dablueguy and MisChief-Maker like this

#55 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

:lol:  that ain't no shit

#56 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:45 PM

When black people air out concerns about how the community is being treated by white society/police officers, why is there a need to bring up "black on black" violence like that has anything to do with the issue at hand? Yes, violence of any kind is WRONG on all levels. Including the stuff that goes on in urban inner cities. But as we just saw in Vegas, white people aren't immune to committing mass murders either. It happens all across the board, not just with black people. If the incidents involving the police were minimal, then these protests wouldn't be taking place. But it appears to be a systemic problem in the police force when it pertains to those in uniform dealing with people of colour. And this has gone on for centuries now. If justice was delivered in those cases where the evidence was as clear as day on video, then America would be able to move forward. But the court systems don't appear to be on the side of justice when it comes to police officers, and that's why these players are taking a knee imo. 

• Dablueguy likes this

#57 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

OT, this is still showing in CTO. The link there taked you here but can still be viewed in the CTO.
  • oldtimer likes this

#58 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:12 PM

When black people air out concerns about how the community is being treated by white society/police officers, why is there a need to bring up "black on black" violence like that has anything to do with the issue at hand? Yes, violence of any kind is WRONG on all levels. Including the stuff that goes on in urban inner cities. But as we just saw in Vegas, white people aren't immune to committing mass murders either. It happens all across the board, not just with black people. If the incidents involving the police were minimal, then these protests wouldn't be taking place. But it appears to be a systemic problem in the police force when it pertains to those in uniform dealing with people of colour. And this has gone on for centuries now. If justice was delivered in those cases where the evidence was as clear as day on video, then America would be able to move forward. But the court systems don't appear to be on the side of justice when it comes to police officers, and that's why these players are taking a knee imo.

My issue, like most rational people, is that if cops are abusing ANYONE than they need to be dealt with. It shouldn't mater what color they are.

As far as black on black, black on white, white on white or white on black, the killing of one person by another should be an issue that EVERYONE cares about but it seems like the only focus is blue on black. Why is that? Do the other lives not matter? Are there not more killings performed by non cops than bad egg cops?

Why are people mad at the cops, if they are truly guilty than why haven't the jury of their peers which have been made up of black and white jurors found them guilty?

#59 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:15 PM

Being a piece of shit human being is in no way racially exclusive.  There are statistical trends, that are just trends, not empiracle evidence.  For instance, serial killers tend to be white males in their early middle age years.  Does that mean they are more likely to be serial killers, or just that its an unscientific trend?   The guys picking off people on highways were black iirc, so they weren't "the norm" in terms of serial killers.  Of course they didn't fit the traditional definition of serial killer, which you think of someone more like Dahmer, Rader, the green river killer, devious guys of high intellect who operated in the shadows for years, sometimes decades.  The newer version of serial killer is quite different.  Regardless, human garbage only has one common trait, and that's being human.  Guns don't fire themselves, bombs don't build themselves, some people are just evil.  Yes, it's very simplistic, but it is what it is.

#60 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:25 PM

My issue, like most rational people, is that if cops are abusing ANYONE than they need to be dealt with. It should mater what color they are.

As far as black on black, black on white, white on white or white on black, the killing of one person by another should be an issue that EVERYONE cares about but it seems like the only focus is blue on black. Why is that? Do the other lives not matter? Are there not more killings performed by non cops than bad egg cops?

Why are people mad at the cops, if they are truly guilty than why haven't the jury of their peers which have been made up of black and white jurors found them guilty?

Exactly.  The problem is, how the whole thing is handled, is that it creates a racial bias toward LEOs, and puts them in a dangerous position, because all of a sudden people think that they need to resist.  If a bad cop is a bad cop, prosecute the hell out of them, but at the same time, if you try to fight a cop, or run away, you get what you get.  We hear all this crap " he was unarmed", well, when you're being combative, in a life and death situation, if a cop waits for you to shoot at him, he's dead.  I'd rather err on the side of living than give some thug a chance to gun me down, hypothetically speaking of course as I am not an LEO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users