Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Washington player racially abused by Chief fans?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:51 AM

According to THIS article, Washington wide receiver Terrelle Pryor, who scored the first touchdown of the game, was racially abused several times on Monday night. If this is true, and tbh I have no reason to believe it isn't, then I'm very disappointed that our fans are associated with stuff like this. The majority of our team is packed with good, upstanding African American men who give everything for that wonderful KC shirt and more often than not send us home from Arrowhead with joy in our hearts. These guys are HERO'S. But despite this, some folks simply cannot get over their racial prejudice. Cheer when Kareem Hunt runs in another TD from a million yards out, but then turn around and call an opposition player the "N word"? SMH this world is a messed up place, it really is. I hope those scumbags are identified and banned for life, we don't need people like that in our stadium.

P.S. And this was done to a guy who doesn't kneel at games either. So whether you're Peters, or Pryor, the difference is still the same. 

• Dablueguy likes this

#2 Dablueguy

Dablueguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:45 AM

Just Disgusting.

Terrelle Pryor says outburst at fans was due to being called the N-word repeatedly

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on October 5, 2017, 2:30 AM EDT
854395608-e1507181367838.jpg?w=560&h=316
Getty Images

Washington Redskins wide receiver Terrelle Pryorwas filmed yelling at fans, via TMZ, and raising his middle finger in their direction following the conclusion on Monday night’s loss to the Chiefs in Kansas City.

Pryor posted on social media on Wednesday that the reason for his outburst was because he had repeatedly been called the N-word throughout the night. He relayed the situation through an Instagram Stories post captured by Craig Hoffman of 106.7 The Fan.

(Link contains explicit language)

Being called a (N-word) several times to the point where an NFL employee had to step to me and stand by me the whole game from 2nd quarter on is the exact reason why guys are kneeling during the anthem,” Pryor wrote. “I choose not to kneel because as a team we decided to stand … but as I walked in tunnel heading some one call me a (N-word) and say (expletive) you to me …  me flicking the person off is more deserving.”

Pryor added that he apologized to his teammates and the organization for his actions but indicated the slurs had really upset him.

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters also shouted expletives at fans on Monday night, drawing the ire of head coach Andy Reid. The reason for that interaction has not been detailed.

#3 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:07 AM

It really disappoints me. We don't want these kind of stories associated with this great team. And tbh perhaps this might explain Peters outburst? If he was abused in a similar way then I wouldn't blame him for lashing out. I hope this is the last we hear of incidents like this at Arrowhead. 

#4 sith13

sith13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:35 AM

If it's true I hope they identify those idiots and ban them for life. 

• Dablueguy likes this

#5 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:39 PM

IMO this border lines getting moved to the LR..we'll see where it goes

#6 Camperchief

Camperchief

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:56 PM

We truly have no idea what happened to start judging the fans. What if it wasn’t a white guy who said it?

Tell you what I’ve never witnessed blatant racism directed at a player before.

#7 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:32 PM

According to THIS article, Washington wide receiver Terrelle Pryor, who scored the first touchdown of the game, was racially abused several times on Monday night. If this is true, and tbh I have no reason to believe it isn't, then I'm very disappointed that our fans are associated with stuff like this. The majority of our team is packed with good, upstanding African American men who give everything for that wonderful KC shirt and more often than not send us home from Arrowhead with joy in our hearts. These guys are HERO'S. But despite this, some folks simply cannot get over their racial prejudice. Cheer when Kareem Hunt runs in another TD from a million yards out, but then turn around and call an opposition player the "N word"? SMH this world is a messed up place, it really is. I hope those scumbags are identified and banned for life, we don't need people like that in our stadium.

P.S. And this was done to a guy who doesn't kneel at games either. So whether you're Peters, or Pryor, the difference is still the same.

His story doesn't add up. He's saying an "NFL employee" stood by him while these guys or ladies repeatadely called him the N word? Why weren't those fans ejected. Why didn't this guy do anything but stand there? Makes no sense. If it did happen it won't be hard for the Chiefs to find out and suspend season tickets of those people. Sure would have been easier had NFL employee done more than stand there.

#8 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

I'm fairly sure Arrowhead fans would not allow that to go on for very long.

#9 Dablueguy

Dablueguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:44 PM

I'm fairly sure Arrowhead fans would not allow that to go on for very long.

Yeah, the same fans the gleefully stood up and cheered as Matt Cassel writhed in pain on the turf after receiving a concussion as a member of the Chiefs years ago?    I could very easily seeing them doing exactly what Prior said they did in Today's America, egged on by their fellow, maybe drunken fans.   

#10 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:47 PM

I just don't see it. But maybe. I guarantee it wouldn't happen in my section. Not saying I'd fix it (although I'd like to think I'd try), but I've been to enough games to know that it wouldn't be tolerated.

#11 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:50 PM

Doesn't make sense.  In order for a player on the field to hear a slur from the stands in that noisy environment, the fan would have to really be shouting out the words.  Other fans in the area wouldn't stand for that.  The area where we sat was pretty good at policing bad behavior and we did get one STH banned about ten years ago for language and taunting opposing fans.  I assume fans in every area would do the same including calling security.  Not saying there aren't fans fueled by alcohol who wouldn't use the N word on a player, but he wouldn't be allowed to repeatedly do so in a manner that could be heard on the bench.

• bavarianq likes this

#12 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:12 PM

Yea, I don't buy it. It's amazing how he is the only one to hear this. Wonder how nobody else on the sidelines heard this. I guess it's an attempt to divert attention away from his poor playing.

Don't look at my poor play, look at ah, yea KC fans. Had others on the sidelines said something and like mentioned before the NFL rep standing next to him said something I would think it could be true but until someone else can confirm this I say it's deflection.

Mods, I would move this to locker room. I can see this going that direction the more people read the thread.

#13 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:57 PM

seen people kicked out of the stadium for very little..if a Chiefs or NFL employee saw that it would of been snuffed out and that guy out on his ear.

I aint buying it but the Washington & NewYork Media will engulf it .. We are just  your typical Hayseed, Confederate flag waving, Gun Totn  bible loven rednecks.. Right Blue Guy?

#14 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:26 PM

.. We are just  your typical Hayseed, Confederate flag waving, Gun Totn  bible loven rednecks..  

So what's wrong with that?

#15 KCSLC2008

KCSLC2008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

He's not diverting attention from his poor play, because he caught a TD, caught several other passes (I think), didn't see a drop (but maybe?), and there were no INTs that he allowed on up-for-grabs passes. Yes, his team lost, but I don't think that's it. He's not diverting poor play... he's trying to divert (excuse) poor behavior (yes, they get heckled a lot, but they must be used to it? No excuse for a fan, but just walk away... I know, hard to do if what he said were true were actually true... not sure about that.)

#16 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:50 PM

Yeah, the same fans the gleefully stood up and cheered as Matt Cassel writhed in pain on the turf after receiving a concussion as a member of the Chiefs years ago?    I could very easily seeing them doing exactly what Prior said they did in Today's America, egged on by their fellow, maybe drunken fans.   

I was there and that absolutely did not happen. Eric Winston is still an idiot. 

• oldtimer and moons314 like this

#17 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:59 PM

He's not diverting attention from his poor play, because he caught a TD, caught several other passes (I think), didn't see a drop (but maybe?), and there were no INTs that he allowed on up-for-grabs passes. Yes, his team lost, but I don't think that's it. He's not diverting poor play... he's trying to divert (excuse) poor behavior (yes, they get heckled a lot, but they must be used to it? No excuse for a fan, but just walk away... I know, hard to do if what he said were true were actually true... not sure about that.)

I heard Derrick Carr complaining the fans behind the bench were relentless with their heckling last season. It is possible we've got a few bad apples in a very bad spot. But there's a huge difference between heckling and calling people the N word or otherwise. We have an extremely diverse fan base on game day with more women than any other team and plenty of black, white and everyone in between skin color. We aren't immune to drunken stupidity with so many people there. But I've got a hard time believing nobody would say anything if this continued throughout the game. Security is everywhere ready to pounce. 

#18 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:00 PM

Get the NFL employee that was assigned to him to explain what happened. Boom. Simple.

• KCSLC2008 likes this

#19 AlwaysChiefs

AlwaysChiefs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSouthern Missouri

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:50 PM

stupid thread

• fanatic likes this

#20 Calichief