Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Washington player racially abused by Chief fans?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:23 AM

He's not diverting attention from his poor play, because he caught a TD, caught several other passes (I think), didn't see a drop (but maybe?), and there were no INTs that he allowed on up-for-grabs passes.

13 catches for 186 yds 1 TD in 4 games is not stellar. In fact its about #44 amongst all WRs. If your paid boocoo dollars to come in and produce and your averaging 3 catches, 46 yards and .25 TDs per game, your struggling.

#22 KCSLC2008

KCSLC2008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:20 AM

13 catches for 186 yds 1 TD in 4 games is not stellar. In fact its about #44 amongst all WRs. If your paid boocoo dollars to come in and produce and your averaging 3 catches, 46 yards and .25 TDs per game, your struggling.

I was looking at the current game.

#23 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:06 AM

Video just showed Pryor walking off the field where he claims he was also called N word. And it DID NOT happen at this time. Comments weren't nice. Something about buy yourself another chain. And F Ohio State. You suck. Ect. No N word. So at least part of his story is false.

#24 Iluvhouse24

Iluvhouse24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:33 AM

Yeah, the same fans the gleefully stood up and cheered as Matt Cassel writhed in pain on the turf after receiving a concussion as a member of the Chiefs years ago?    I could very easily seeing them doing exactly what Prior said they did in Today's America, egged on by their fellow, maybe drunken fans.   

Bullshit. I have been going to games at Arrowhead for 32 years, and have NEVER ONCE heard the n-word used directed at a player. The majority of the players on the field are African Americans. That's not stereotyping, or profiling... its a statement of fact. Why would all of a sudden a group of fans single this guy out? And if it did happen it surely wouldn't go on long before security was notified and they'd be removed, or other fans overheard it and fights broke out. Did that happen?

• oldtimer likes this

#25 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:01 PM

Well, according to THIS article, two witnesses have come forward to support Pryors claim that he was racially abused. The way I see it. When you have a stadium full of mostly Caucasian people, many of which may have had a drink or two and are high on emotion, it wouldn't be the biggest surprise to learn that someone has said something racist, would it? Yes, we don't want our glorious team associated with this sort of stuff. But the fact is many football fans around America will go to a game and cheer on those black men wearing the shirt they love, then turn around the next day and indulge in racist behaviour against black people. That's just the sick world we live in sadly. 

#26 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:03 PM

Well, according to [url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/10/04/redskins-terrelle-pryor-sr-says-he-was-called-the-n-word-by-chiefs-fans/?utm_term=.ea0730c8d786]THIS[url] article, two witnesses have come forward to support Pryors claim that he was racially abused. The way I see it. When you have a stadium full of mostly Caucasian people, many of which may have had a drink or two and are high on emotion, it wouldn't be the biggest surprise to learn that someone has said something racist, would it? Yes, we don't want our glorious team associated with this sort of stuff. But the fact is many football fans around America will go to a game and cheer on those black men wearing the shirt they love, then turn around the next day and indulge in racist behaviour against black people. That's just the sick world we live in sadly.

I read in this morning's paper that the investigation by the NFL and Chiefs found zero evidence to support Pryor's claims.

#27 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

Racially abused?  Be the bigger man and ignore it.  When you make 7 figures annually, you're a target.  Doesn't make it right, but it is what it is.  When you put 78,000 people in one building, anything can happen.  If it did indeed happen, he should've just kept his mouth shut to the press and moved on.  I can't stand people who air their grievances to the press.  I'd have more respect for the guy if he just hit whoever said it (if they said it) as opposed to crying to a reporter, because if you're man enough to call someone a n***** to their face,  you're man enough to get hit in the mouth. 

#28 12go4kcinva

12go4kcinva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

Any chance that Terrell Pryor and Michael Bennett are related?? On a serious note, I hope this didn't happen..while watching the game it appeared our own fans were heckling Peters pretty bad after getting scored on twice. You could clearly see that Peters was yelling something back toward the crowd...

#29 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:31 PM

Racially abused?  Be the bigger man and ignore it.  When you make 7 figures annually, you're a target.  Doesn't make it right, but it is what it is.  When you put 78,000 people in one building, anything can happen.  If it did indeed happen, he should've just kept his mouth shut to the press and moved on.  I can't stand people who air their grievances to the press.  I'd have more respect for the guy if he just hit whoever said it (if they said it) as opposed to crying to a reporter, because if you're man enough to call someone a n***** to their face,  you're man enough to get hit in the mouth. 

So a man should tolerate racism in his place of work, but it's OK for fans to boo, insult them, and get emotional when a player takes a knee for equal rights? That doesn't add up. What they are paid is neither here, nor there. NO-ONE should have to put up with abuse of any kind. America's history when it comes to race is absolutely shocking. And the nation will never be as great as it could be if we allow ignorant people to run wild and do as they please. The simple way of dealing with it is for the players to point them out and for those fans to be removed and banned for life. That's what I'd like to see. 

#30 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:43 PM

So a man should tolerate racism in his place of work, but it's OK for fans to boo, insult them, and get emotional when a player takes a knee for equal rights? That doesn't add up. What they are paid is neither here, nor there. NO-ONE should have to put up with abuse of any kind. America's history when it comes to race is absolutely shocking. And the nation will never be as great as it could be if we allow ignorant people to run wild and do as they please. The simple way of dealing with it is for the players to point them out and for those fans to be removed and banned for life. That's what I'd like to see. 

I didn't say they should tolerate it, I said he shouldn't be crying about it to the press.  Tell a stadium official.  Hit the guy in the mouth.  

Let me ask you this.  Had they won the game, and he not dropped multiple passes, do you think he would've been sharing this information with the press?  I sure as hell don't.  

#31 12go4kcinva

12go4kcinva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

Playing devils advocate here. If any player kneels during the national anthem and it is disrespectful to others..the player says they have the right because of freedom of expression right? And fans can just deal with it..point blank. It isn't illegal for a player to kneel..this has been established. Is it illegal for a fan..who isn't a co-worker, to drop n-bombs on a player or anyone else in this world besides a co-worker? Is it illegal for any black person to call a white person a honky or cracker? No..it isn't illegal at all. Freedom of speech right? Is it morally wrong to do this? Yes it is.!! But most think it's morally wrong when someone kneels for the national anthem as well...and this sir..is following the spiraling trend of moral decay and reversing any forward progress that has been established to erase the racial tension in this country.

#32 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:58 PM

Our history is probably not that much more shocking than yours. There is no excuse for racial taunts anywhere. And I'm pretty positive it never happened. Yes the stadium is mostly white. Assuming for a minute that most of your white neighbors wouldn't beat your ass, there are enough blacks in the stadium that you would not yell it at Arrowhead and live.

#33 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:58 PM

Again I saw video of him exiting stadium and there was no N word. He was being heckled and didn't like it. Lost his cool and flipped off the people that help pay his salary. I can't account for what happened in the stadium but I can say this. I've been to over 200 straight games and never, ever heard the N word inside the stadium or out. If someone did do this. They need to be expelled from all Chiefs games. It's that simple.

But for someone here to be fueling laughable stereotype that fans cheer for these guys and then go call them the N word when the games over. That's as absurd as me pointing to T Vanover and B Morris and making some overall conclusion about black athletes. Whatever happened here at worst was the exception and not the rule. Most of the people at Arrowhead that aren't Raiders fans have respect for each other no matter what color or gender. I've seen that for decades now. Of course when you have alcohol and emotion there will be some bad things happen. But I can say defintively that it's not racially motivated almost ever.

#34 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

Playing devils advocate here. If any player kneels during the national anthem and it is disrespectful to others..the player says they have the right because of freedom of expression right? And fans can just deal with it..point blank. It isn't illegal for a player to kneel..this has been established. Is it illegal for a fan..who isn't a co-worker, to drop n-bombs on a player or anyone else in this world besides a co-worker? Is it illegal for any black person to call a white person a honky or cracker? No..it isn't illegal at all. Freedom of speech right? Is it morally wrong to do this? Yes it is.!! But most think it's morally wrong when someone kneels for the national anthem as well...and this sir..is following the spiraling trend of moral decay and reversing any forward progress that has been established to erase the racial tension in this country.

I'm pretty sure if you call a black person the "n word" in front of a police officer you can end up getting in trouble for that. "Free speech" or not. 

#35 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:02 PM

I'm pretty sure if you call a black person the "n word" in front of a police officer you can end up getting in trouble for that. "Free speech" or not.

Try it and find out.

#36 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

Again I saw video of him exiting stadium and there was no N word. He was being heckled and didn't like it. Lost his cool and flipped off the people that help pay his salary. I can't account for what happened in the stadium but I can say this. I've been to over 200 straight games and never, ever heard the N word inside the stadium or out. So someone here is fueling laughable stereotype that fans cheer for these guys and then go call them the N word when the games over. That's as absurd as me pointing to T Vanover and B Morris and making some overall conclusion about black athletes. Whatever happened here at worst was the exception and not the rule. And we know that at lesst part of Pryors story is a lie.

Riley Cooper played with black players his entire career. And was "friends" with many by all accounts. What did he get caught saying at a country music concert? If you think every fan who attends arrowhead are "above" racism, then I think that's a very naive notion to have tbh.

#37 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:04 PM

Try it and find out.

You might be right, knowing how some officers deal with the black community they may just brush it off as nothing.

#38 12go4kcinva

12go4kcinva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:06 PM

I've looked it up..it is not illegal in this country to say the n word..not illegal to say cracker or white trash. It is morally unacceptable..but you cannot be arrested no matter who you say it in front of.

#39 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:07 PM

I'm pretty sure the cop would be the least of your problems. Same as at Arrowhead.

#40 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:07 PM

I've looked it up..it is not illegal in this country to say the n word..not illegal to say cracker or white trash. It is morally unacceptable..but you cannot be arrested no matter who you say it in front of.

What about sperm burping gutter slut?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users