Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Washington player racially abused by Chief fans?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:09 PM

Riley Cooper played with black players his entire career. And was "friends" with many by all accounts. What did he get caught saying at a country music concert? If you think every fan who attends arrowhead are "above" racism, then I think that's a very naive notion to have tbh.

Again did you see Bam Morris and T Vanover go to prison for committing felonies while members of the Chiefs? Do you think the actions of a few represent the overall morality of the majority? Talk about stereotyping. I can tell you from first hand experience I've never heard the N word ever out there. But you'd rather go find a few bad apples that MAYBE did this and use it as a point that this is reality for everyone. This is one of the problems in America today. Cherry picking small sample sizes and using it as the norm to fit your agenda. I'm not buying. Most Chiefs fans I know are good people who respect others. Most players I know are good people who respect the fans and give plenty back to the community.
  • jetlord likes this

#42 12go4kcinva

12go4kcinva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:10 PM

Hey..im a white guy. And I am totally aware of the fact that if a black guy or hispanic or Asian or Indian guy called me a white trash cracker...theyd be well within their rights....even if they did it with a megaphone plugged into 5000 amplifiers and said it so loud the whole city could here it. This is why our military protects our freedoms right??

#43 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

Hey..im a white guy. And I am totally aware of the fact that if a black guy or hispanic or Asian or Indian guy called me a white trash cracker...theyd be well within their rights....even if they did it with a megaphone plugged into 5000 amplifiers and said it so loud the whole city could here it. This is why our military protects our freedoms right??

Well that and a few other things I think.

#44 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:18 PM

Again did you see Bam Morris and T Vanover go to prison for committing felonies while members of the Chiefs? Do you think the actions of a few represent the overall morality of the majority? Talk about stereotyping. I can tell you from first hand experience I've never heard the N word ever out there. But you'd rather go find a few bad apples that MAYBE did this and use it as a point that this is reality for everyone.

Did I say ALL Chiefs fans are like that though? NO, But people this thread have gone out of their way to accuse Pyror of lying. I'm just trying to add some balance here. THESE tweets are from the reporter who spoke to the witnesses at the game. And it seems like some fans were using racial slurs towards our own players aswell for not standing for the Anthem, As well as abusing Pryor. The harsh reality is this nation has a significant amount of people who subscribe to racist views. So when a POC airs out a complaint about such abuse, it has to at least be taken seriously and fully investigated. Not mocked and denied off the bat like some have done on this thread.

#45 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:19 PM

"Washington didn’t make our people aware of an incident, the people we have on the sideline didn’t see one before or after the game and as far as we know, no one from the league office was called to his aid during or after the game,” said Ted Crews, the Chiefs’ vice president of communications, according to a report in the Kansas City Star. “There was no incident or report from the stands.”

#46 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:28 PM

Did I say ALL Chiefs fans are like that though? NO, But people this thread have gone out of their way to accuse Pyror of lying. I'm just trying to add some balance here. THESE tweets are from the reporter who spoke to the witnesses at the game. And it seems like some fans were using racial slurs towards our own players aswell for not standing for the Anthem, As well as abusing Pryor. The harsh reality is this nation has a significant amount of people who subscribe to racist views. So when a POC airs out a complaint about such abuse, it has to at least be taken seriously and fully investigated. Not mocked and denied off the bat like some have done on this thread.

Nobody has mocked racism. I have doubted it from the beginning based upon my attending many many Chiefs games. I am a season ticket holder 8 rows from the field in the corner or the end zone in what is probably the loudest part of the field. I have never ever heard or seen anything racist at a game. Not once, not ever. The investigation backs up my view so far as well. And I have heard nothing about fans using racial slurs towards our own players.

#47 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:32 PM

I'm pretty sure if you call a black person the "n word" in front of a police officer you can end up getting in trouble for that. "Free speech" or not.

Ok, again, this is not the place for this stuff. Xen posted the rules and we have warned multiple times. It's ok to dabble with these topics, IN THE LOCKER ROOM.

#48 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:45 PM

Cant help your selves can you..moving it

#49 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:01 PM

Racially abused? Be the bigger man and ignore it. When you make 7 figures annually, you're a target. Doesn't make it right, but it is what it is. When you put 78,000 people in one building, anything can happen. If it did indeed happen, he should've just kept his mouth shut to the press and moved on. I can't stand people who air their grievances to the press. I'd have more respect for the guy if he just hit whoever said it (if they said it) as opposed to crying to a reporter, because if you're man enough to call someone a n***** to their face, you're man enough to get hit in the mouth.

haha yeah right. Then the player would fit into your insane stereotype again

#50 12go4kcinva

12go4kcinva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:20 PM

Well it had to happen Old Timer..sorry if my views are too opinionated.

#51 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

Well it had to happen Old Timer..sorry if my views are too opinionated.

its not the opinion..opinions are fine, we all have one LOL  its just the thread just swerved too much and got into social issues  that in our opinion are better cussed and discussed in the LR.....carry on its all good.

no action whether it be  a thread move , deleted or what ever is done with out  some discussion first.

#52 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

its not the opinion..opinions are fine, we all have one LOL  its just the thread just swerved too much and got into social issues  that in our opinion are better cussed and discussed in the LR.....carry on its all good.

no action whether it be  a thread move , deleted or what ever is done with out  some discussion first.

I hadn't even started to talk about my views on Darwinism yet.
  • oldtimer likes this

#53 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:33 PM

Keep in mind Pryor said the N word was directed at him as he walked though the tunnel to leave the field, which is why he flipped off the fans. But video evidence shows that did not happen. So indeed he appears anyway to be lying right there. As of this  moment the Chiefs and league say there is no evidence it ever happened anywhere but they are still looking at it. It IS possible he's lying. And the only thing worse than somebody actually doing that, would be somebody fueling the fire and lying about it! Again if they do catch somebody, he or she is done ever going to NFL games. And if they could prove Pryor was lying he should absolutely be suspended as well. 

And I'll say this. I dont know if you ever have sat in near the tunnel or sideline where players are within easy earshot. It's brutal. And actually far worse in other cities. But it's not racially motivated. Anyone within ear shot is fair game. There is a point where you have gone to far and using the N word is that point. As would be throwing something at a player (which happens alot especially in Oakland and Philly from what people have told me). We don't want fans in the game representing our city like that. And we also don't want players making up stories.

#54 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

Keep in mind Pryor said the N word was directed at him as he walked though the tunnel to leave the field, which is why he flipped off the fans. But video evidence shows that did not happen. So indeed he appears anyway to be lying right there. As of this moment the Chiefs and league say there is no evidence it ever happened anywhere but they are still looking at it. It IS possible he's lying. And the only thing worse than somebody actually doing that, would be somebody fueling the fire and lying about it! Again if they do catch somebody, he or she is done ever going to NFL games. And if they could prove Pryor was lying he should absolutely be suspended as well.

And I'll say this. I dont know if you ever have sat in near the tunnel or sideline where players are within easy earshot. It's brutal. And actually far worse in other cities. But it's not racially motivated. Anyone within ear shot is fair game. There is a point where you have gone to far and using the N word is that point. As would be throwing something at a player (which happens alot especially in Oakland and Philly from what people have told me). We don't want fans in the game representing our city like that. And we also don't want players making up stories.

No way in hell he could of lied because certain people in here have said so and because we are all racist don't you know.

#55 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:17 PM

Chiefs have found no evidence, weren't notified during the game of any issue and didn't assign anyone to handle this because again they never reported anything. This doesn't mean it didn't happen. But there are questions. And certainly there should be more why this wasn't pointed out and dealt with immediately. 

http://www.kansascit...e177155151.html

#56 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:32 PM

It's very possible that some fan yelled a racial epithet at Pryor on the way in the tunnel.  It's also possible that Pryor realized that making the gesture to the fans could cause problems and made the story bigger to defend his actions.  It seems very unlikely that he had to get an NFL rep to stand by him during the game for protection.  That part just doesn't add up.  If that was the case, I'd think the police or at least stadium security would be behind the Redskin bench facing the crowd and looking for instigators.  

#57 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:23 AM

Sports radio 810 on Soren Petro confirmed Pryors account. Several callers confirmed it did happen.

#58 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:26 AM

I'm getting pretty sick of all the bullshit. This could be my last season supporting the NFL

#59 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:43 AM

Would you take your grandkids to a Chiefss game? I would NOT

#60 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:13 PM

Would you take your grandkids to a Chiefss game? I would NOT

I would but If I went  I would be a little chosey on where I sat but I'm spoiled that way. KCCHIEFs4life takes his Kids. I think this thing is being blown out of proportion. I am sure that there is worst said to each other about Family lineage  at the line of scrimmage and in tackle piles.

There is security everywhere and that certainly would not fly.. I'm curious that  the people around this "incident" all listen to Petro and be able to call in from their jobs but have they have not called  the NFL or Chiefs office to say  where it came from to help in their investigation? Were most of the callers Black? too many unanswered questions for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users