Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Texans vs Chiefs SNF - match thread

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#241 KCSLC2008

KCSLC2008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:12 PM

more stupid drivel from you. If Alex Smith keeps playing like a top 3 QB there's no way the Chiefs are going to get rid of him. I don't think even $21m a year puts him into the top 10 highest paid QBs.

I think there's a way to keep him next year (especially if WEwin the Super Bowl) and yes, the 21 isn't top pay but the complexity we have with the cap is the whole team, not what he is paid.

#242 kkuenn

kkuenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:18 PM

more stupid drivel from you.  If Alex Smith keeps playing like a top 3 QB there's no way the Chiefs are going to get rid of him.  I don't think even $21m a year puts him into the top 10 highest paid QBs.

It ties him for 10th with Palmer and Eli Manning. I still do not think we keep him but rather drives uo the price to trade for him. If they geel Mahomes is ready, then you go with him. Alex knows this and is laying it all out like a contract year. He finally does have offensive weapons too that shows what he can do. Thing is, through it all he has just six games of over 300 yards passing and two have come this season. If some one offers a high 3rd or better for him you need to jump on it and move on if Mahomes is ready. I have been on AS side for the longest time but we will have to move on sooner rather than later.
  • fanatic likes this

#243 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:36 PM

The Achilles fans out into your upper calf. I know because I have ruptured mine almost 4 times. I used to run marathons, but had to stop because of the ruptured Achilles occurring over & over.

I can run about 1-2 miles, but feel it tighten up & know that it'll reoccur if I continue to run. I miss running.

Don't I know. Tore mine this past summer. Just now getting to the point were I can stand on one leg and hop.

#244 dksww

dksww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCaslte Rock, Co

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:49 PM

For some reason the secondary is focused on the interception way too much. Both Mitchell and Parker allowed huge plays just because they went up with two hands. It's a good opportunity for Sutton to emphasize the difference between an interception and deflection so it might have been for the better since we didn't lose the game.

this is a good observation.  They need to just at least knock the ball away

#245 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:13 PM

this is a good observation. They need to just at least knock the ball away

What pissed me of is in one if the long plays, you can see Peters trying to rip the ball out of the ball carriers hands. That's fine if he isn't continuing down the field another 5 to 10 yards.

They need to learn to tackle once a receiver catchez the ball. Maybe watch the Watson tackle in DJ. Square up the runner and tackle him versus going for the damn ball all the time.

#246 KCJohnKC

KCJohnKC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

What pissed me of is in one if the long plays, you can see Peters trying to rip the ball out of the ball carriers hands. That's fine if he isn't continuing down the field another 5 to 10 yards.

They need to learn to tackle once a receiver catchez the ball. Maybe watch the Watson tackle in DJ. Square up the runner and tackle him versus going for the damn ball all the time.

Then again, that very move stripped Kelvin Benjamin for a score and a win. We don't win w/o it.

I agree it's maddening to watch him miss like that and I was screaming at him also. When I sat back I realized that true playmakers take risks like this and we praise the hell out of him when it works out. Unfortunately it doesn't always work out.

#247 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:17 PM

Then again, that very move stripped Kelvin Benjamin for a score and a win. We don't win w/o it.

I agree it's maddening to watch him miss like that and I was screaming at him also. When I sat back I realized that true playmakers take risks like this and we praise the hell out of him when it works out. Unfortunately it doesn't always work out.

Seen too many games where players went for the ball versus tackling the ball carrier and the game turned out to be a L. The past two weeks I have seen some solid tackling from Washington and Houston. Yes the Chiefs won but the type of tackles I would like to see the Chiefs making.

#248 KCJohnKC

KCJohnKC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:49 PM

Seen too many games where players went for the ball versus tackling the ball carrier and the game turned out to be a L. The past two weeks I have seen some solid tackling from Washington and Houston. Yes the Chiefs won but the type of tackles I would like to see the Chiefs making.

I'm a huge "form tackle" guy. I've always been that way, make the Damn tackle. That's why it's difficult for me to see that type of strip be so nonchalant.

Think about the success of this D though. Takeaway margin is phenomenal. Yes some of them just fall to us. The majority are created. Win some, lose some...I hate watching the losses. Drives me nuts. Necessary evil I think.

#249 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:09 PM

Stop this nonsense.

If Alex Smith keeps playing like a top 3 QB there's no way the Chiefs are going to get rid of him. 

At $21m in 2018, it makes him the 14th highest paid QB in the league which is a steal.

Here are the facts to prove you wrong:  https://overthecap.c...arterback/2018/

and how many of those teams paying more are doing well?

#250 Iluvhouse24

Iluvhouse24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:05 PM

I didn't feel like Mitchell was really getting beat that badly by Hopkins with the exception of the last TD. Hopkins is just a damn beast. That guy makes contested catches look easy. Like he's taking the ball away from his little brother.
  • oldtimer likes this

#251 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:40 PM

I didn't feel like Mitchell was really getting beat that badly by Hopkins with the exception of the last TD. Hopkins is just a damn beast. That guy makes contested catches look easy. Like he's taking the ball away from his little brother.

I really like Mitchell. Teams continue to go at him and he has been solid throughout. No he doesn't have the skills of Peters but he's so competitive that he holds up under alot of the pressure. We really need Nelson back in the nickel slot role. 

#252 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:02 PM

In spite of the bombs, Mitchell played very well last night and along with his play late last season, he deserves to be starting.  I think Peters has earned a PhD from the Dion Sanders School of Self Awareness and Tackling Avoidance.  

#253 sith13

sith13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:45 AM

Frankly Mitchell reminds me of Chris Harris and could easily replicate his career as a CB. 

#254 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:15 PM

Frankly Mitchell reminds me of Chris Harris and could easily replicate his career as a CB.

He's outplaying Peters

#255 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:38 PM

Peters is a proven top class CB though and it's not like he made any big mistakes on Sunday. I'd still be inclined to draft a top CB prospect next year though to keep both of them on their toes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users