Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Texans vs Chiefs SNF - match thread

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#41 CHiefSP

CHiefSP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:57 PM

It's working quite well. Watch him call an aggressive game now - the opposing offense won't be ready. Especially with Ford and Hali back

Ford’s not back.

#42 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:08 AM

Ford’s not back.

Neither is Hali

#43 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:06 PM

The last two games have been quite nerve-wracking. Would so love us to have a comfortable win today to really send out a message to the rest of the league. But even if we fall behind and things are looking tough in the first half, we must keep faith guys. Because over the last few years this team have shown over and over again that win or lose, they'll fight till the very end. 

• oldtimer likes this

#44 12go4kcinva

12go4kcinva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:47 PM

Biggest thing I'm concerned with is the line affording AS11 enough time to work. I've done some research on Houston and their weakness on D is through the LB and secondary. A few sites predict Kelce to explode. A few sites predict Hill to haul in some deep stuff. If Houston's D is that tough..it could take dink n dunk to get it done...whatever it takes to win. Watson's arm strength is more than adequate but precision is a bit off. Should be a great game imo.

#45 dksww

dksww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCaslte Rock, Co

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:56 PM

Morse, LDT and Ford remain out.

Reid's gameplan will be around that.  Quick throws and hopefully leaning on the run game tonight

#46 12go4kcinva

12go4kcinva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:06 PM

I agree with mis-chief...this KC team seems to have plenty of gas in the tank and production has increased during the 2nd half in all games this season. The homer in me wants to think that 2nd half adjustments and new looks(matchups) are the reason but the sample size is still too few to call it confidently.

#47 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

KC should comfortably win against a rookie QB in prime time. Stop Watson from scrambling for first downs and cover well. He'll throw an interception or make some kind of rookie mistake during prime time. Chiefs should capitalize and take home the W

#48 robgar

robgar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:19 PM

Take advantage of wats aggression. Send hunt right at him. Shovel pass's with some slants thrown in and a jet sweep for kelce

#49 robgar

robgar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:22 PM

This match should be a massacre sort of like Germany vs Brazil in the last world cup. Perhaps we can utilize hunt as a false 9. Play tic tac football control possession and it should be a great win for kc.
  • DefensiveMan likes this

#50 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:54 PM

This match should be a massacre sort of like Germany vs Brazil in the last world cup. Perhaps we can utilize hunt as a false 9. Play tic tac football control possession and it should be a great win for kc.

Nah, I'd much prefer to see "long ball" tactics that would see Smith feed Hill and Hunt :D 

#51 robgar

robgar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

Well this tac doesn't mean not pushing the ball forward the best of the tic tac teams are always playing on there opponents side.

#52 sith13

sith13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:04 PM

We have been consistently good on defense against the Texans, if that keeps up the new offense will probably make this a very easy game but the injuries could be a difference maker. 

#53 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:39 PM

That’s what happens when you rush 3 and drop 8. It’s Sutton.

He does a great job of changing gears minus his pass rushers. We've been really good in the red zone with mediocre personel out there right now.

#54 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

I agree with mis-chief...this KC team seems to have plenty of gas in the tank and production has increased during the 2nd half in all games this season. The homer in me wants to think that 2nd half adjustments and new looks(matchups) are the reason but the sample size is still too few to call it confidently.

When your QB is playing at the high level Alex has this year, it helps a ton to offset injury issues and gives more coaching flexibility. Eventually there's a tipping point though and now with so many backups on the oline vs good front 7 could prove to be that point. Love to get to Nov 1 in first place and ready to get players back. The way Alex is getting hit right now is scary for our season though.

#55 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:04 PM

I'd say it's almost all scheme. When you have as many good pass rushers as we do, there should be more. This 3 man pressure stuff is maddening.

Who are all these pass rushers you are talking about? Get Tamba and Dee back in a few weeks and maybe I'd agree depending on how Tamba does. Right now we are low on pass rushers and Sutton has had to adjust to that. Losing Berry and Nelson also limits his blitzing options.

#56 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:41 PM

Who are all these pass rushers you are talking about? Get Tamba and Dee back in a few weeks and maybe I'd agree depending on how Tamba does. Right now we are low on pass rushers and Sutton has had to adjust to that. Losing Berry and Nelson also limits his blitzing options.

Bailey used to get after the qb. Not sure what's going on there.
Jones
Houston
Sorensen when he's sent
DJ when he's sent
Just need to scheme it

#57 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:48 PM

The defensive game plan is working fine. Looks like Sutton is happy rushing 3 and keeping everything in front of them. Then turn them loose in the fourth quarter.

#58 robgar

robgar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:51 PM

So anyway i am again predicting a blowout. This week we get to watch jj watt pout, yet again. 40- 0

#59 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

I think so too.
Watson will be confused the whole game.

#60 robgar

robgar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

I love this in all these game write-ups.. talking about wats 10 qb hurries..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users