Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

This is a great idea

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:08 PM

Why Isn't the Senate Intel Committee looking into the Fake News Networks in OUR country to see why so much of our news is just made up-FAKE!

I think the President should also determine which news organizations to investigate.

#2 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:33 PM

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump 8h8 hours ago

More

Why Isn't the Senate Intel Committee looking into the Fake News Networks in OUR country to see why so much of our news is just made up-FAKE!

I think the President should also determine which news organizations to investigate.

Can't do that because the left will hang him for trying to squelch freedom of speech and show that all dictators in history did that.

#3 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:47 PM

As long as they aren't suppressing speech or filing charges against those that are protected by freedom of press, they can do as they wish.  That said, some random dickbag blogger is not protected by freedom of the press, and could absolutely end up in civil court for slander.  The internet has given a podium to everyone in the civilized world, but that doesn't mean anyone with a keyboard and a mouse are protected.

• BroncoStud likes this

#4 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:54 PM

just get the attention of him and russia of course

what a fat bag of dicks

#5 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:55 PM

As long as they aren't suppressing speech or filing charges against those that are protected by freedom of press, they can do as they wish.  That said, some random dickbag blogger is not protected by freedom of the press, and could absolutely end up in civil court for slander.  The internet has given a podium to everyone in the civilized world, but that doesn't mean anyone with a keyboard and a mouse are protected.

Who decides who is a dickbag blogger? If the dickbag blogger slanders Trump, Trump can sue him for slander as a civilian. Don't think the Senate Intel Committes should investigate dickbag blogger or CNN/NBC, which we know is Trump's target. I don't think Trump minds dickbag bloggers.....he retweets them

#6 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

Can't do that because they left will hang him for trying to squelch freedom of speech and show that all dictators in history did that.

Shouldn't the right as well?

#7 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:03 PM

This was played out during the Vegas massacre when some penny ante Woodward and Bernstien wanna be started posting all sorts of erroneous information that basically started a mini panic and likewise resulted in one family getting death threats because he said they were involved. There has to be accountability to something like this. 

#8 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:34 PM

Shouldn't the right as well?

The difference as I see it most on the right can differentiate between real news and fake news, real news organization and fake news organizations, commentaries by talk show host and news by journalists. The left just runs with any and everything as long as it attacks Trump and his administration.

Freedom of speech and journalism integrity is not whats in question here. Slinging of bullshit is.

#9 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:36 PM

This was played out during the Vegas massacre when some penny ante Woodward and Bernstien wanna be started posting all sorts of erroneous information that basically started a mini panic and likewise resulted in one family getting death threats because he said they were involved. There has to be accountability to something like this.

I agree and what sucks is they can say they are blogger who is getting the truth out to the people and the weak minded buy into it. Sort of like the Bernie supporters.

#10 Chiefs Convert

Chiefs Convert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:50 PM

I agree and what sucks is they can say they are blogger who is getting the truth out to the people and the weak minded buy into it. Sort of like the Bernie supporters.

I agree and this click bait bullshit comes in all forms. I am a proponent of removing anonymity on the internet as much as it contradicts my stance on personal identification requirements.

#11 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:18 PM

When he says Fake News Networks, do you think he's talking about some whiny little blogger in a basement or CNN, NBC, CBS? C'mon man. Everybody is all about small government and libertarianism until Trump cries fake news then bring in the G.  I'd like Americans to decide what is and isn't fake news without the government telling me.

#12 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:03 AM

Trump cannot sue for libel. He is a public official and is subject to fair comment and criticism.   The standard of libel is much higher for a celebrity than ordinary Joe.  Also,  fake news is only libel if the party putting out the news knows that it is fake.     That is a high standard of care.   SCOTUS said in NY Times vs Sullivan and subsequent cases that the standard for libel is very high.

If you are going to assume public office,   this goes with the territory.

#13 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:05 AM

CNN, MSNBC, and the other 3. When 90% of their news is proven not to be factual them it is fake news. I would EXPECT legitimate news agencies to make mistakes but I expect those to be less than more. If a news agency can't get the news right even 10 to 20 percent right thats an issue. Those shit stirring bloggers are pest, sort of like OC.

#14 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:29 AM

90 percent of their news is proven not be factual? You have a legitimate source for that statement?

#15 Chiefs Convert

Chiefs Convert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:24 AM

No, but the assertion is good enough for the vocal majority here.

#16 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:36 PM

No, but the assertion is good enough for the vocal majority here.

thats an assumption.. The "Vocal Majority" as you put it  thinks and believes that the vast majority of the Media (MSM)is biased towards the left and helps that agenda .. your a good honest man..tell me thats not so

#17 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:38 PM

the vast majority of the Media (MSM)is biased towards the left and helps that agenda

anyone that would deny this is 100% blind to reality

#18 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:41 PM

I deny it. All it is is your assumption.

#19 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:47 PM

not surprising..at least your consistent 

#20 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:00 PM

Trump cannot sue for libel. He is a public official and is subject to fair comment and criticism.   The standard of libel is much higher for a celebrity than ordinary Joe.  Also,  fake news is only libel if the party putting out the news knows that it is fake.     That is a high standard of care.   SCOTUS said in NY Times vs Sullivan and subsequent cases that the standard for libel is very high.

If you are going to assume public office,   this goes with the territory.

I wasn't talking about Trump, I was referring to the instance which Mloe cited.  With instant access internet, any dipshit can post anything in an instant.  It's not like 75 years ago where the editor had to approve something before it was published.  I fully support free speech, but some asshole posting false information that incites chaos and leads to death threats of innocent people should absolutely be open to prosecution for endangering lives and creating a volatile situation. 

As for the news itself, regardless of party affiliation, anyone who denies that the modern news cycle is more biased propaganda than actual news is only lying to themselves. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users