Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Trump Expands Religious Exemptions From Birth Control Mandate - Media Melts Down.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

Another campaign promise kept by he who triggers the Loony Left.  

Trump Expands Religious Exemptions From Birth Control Mandate - Media Melts Down

On the campaign trail, Donald Trump repeatedly promised to defend religious freedom, and one way he intended to do that was by providing Americans protection from the Obamacare mandate that all employers pay for birth control regardless of the employers' deeply held religious and moral beliefs. Now, President Trump is upholding that promise.

"Application of the mandate to entities with sincerely held religious objections to it does not serve a compelling governmental interest," reads the new rules issued by the Trump administration. Forcing employers to cover birth control against their beliefs imposes a "substantial burden" on the exercise of free speech, the administration states.

The Affordable Care Act, the new administration argues, does not specifically require the coverage of contraception, and they disagree with the Obama administration's determination that such coverage is required under its broader goal of promoting women's health because the government "already engages in dozens of programs that subsidize contraception" for low-income women or those at risk for unintended pregnancy.

The change will also bring to a close to "more than five years of litigation” over the mandate, the administration explains.

The new rules include two new exemptions: one that allows an employer or insurer that objects to covering contraceptives "based on its sincerely held religious beliefs"; the other protects employers with "moral convictions" against covering them.

The two new rules, which are estimated to impact around "200 entities that have participated in about 50 lawsuits over birth control coverage," will go into effect when they are formally entered into the Federal Register, which could be as early as Friday.

In response, the various left-leaning mainstream outlets across the country are following script and portraying the move as an attack on women that threatens to strip them of their birth control.

The New York Times declares that Trump's new exemptions to the mandate are "sure to touch off a round of lawsuits." Citing a study commissioned by the Obama administration, the Times warns that "thousands of women could lose birth control benefits they now receive at no cost under the Affordable Care Act."

CNN is also sounding the alarm, calling Trump's move a "major blow" to the birth control mandate and warning that the new exemptions could "open the door to hundreds of employers dropping coverage."

Though CNN acknowledges Health and Human Services' estimation that only around 200 entities will be impacted, with "99.9%" of women keeping their free birth control, the network dismisses that estimation, saying their experts warn that "this could open the door to hundreds of employers dropping coverage."

http://www.dailywire...aign=benshapiro

#2 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:58 PM

The left won't like this.  I remember the whole women's march thing where the activists were complaining that it was the employers responsibility to pay for their birth control, and the whole thing reeked of lack of personal responsibility to me.  IMO, birth control is no different than an elective surgery in that it's not a life threatening thing.  Of course there are exceptions, such as I have known a few women that had to take birth control to regulate the hormones because their periods would literally make them too sick to function.  If you don't want children but want to have sex, it's pretty simple, abstain or use a condom, which condoms can be had at free clinics all over the country for nothing.  It's not the responsibility of the employer or taxpayer to provide contraception, because pregnancy is indeed a voluntary act.  It's not about women's rights, it's about being responsible for your own shit, and if you can't afford birth control, don't let your guy unload in you then complain that it's not your fault you got pregnant. 

#3 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:51 PM

The left won't like this.  I remember the whole women's march thing where the activists were complaining that it was the employers responsibility to pay for their birth control, and the whole thing reeked of lack of personal responsibility to me.  IMO, birth control is no different than an elective surgery in that it's not a life threatening thing.  Of course there are exceptions, such as I have known a few women that had to take birth control to regulate the hormones because their periods would literally make them too sick to function.  If you don't want children but want to have sex, it's pretty simple, abstain or use a condom, which condoms can be had at free clinics all over the country for nothing.  It's not the responsibility of the employer or taxpayer to provide contraception, because pregnancy is indeed a voluntary act.  It's not about women's rights, it's about being responsible for your own shit, and if you can't afford birth control, don't let your guy unload in you then complain that it's not your fault you got pregnant. 

now just wait a Cotton Pickn Minute.. you couldn't be preaching individual responsibility could you?.. Thats Racist/ sexist and probably some other kind of ist that hasn't been thought up yet.

#4 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,785 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:43 PM

now just wait a Cotton Pickn Minute.. you couldn't be preaching individual responsibility could you?.. Thats Racist/ sexist and probably some other kind of ist that hasn't been thought up yet.

Misogynist.

#5 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

Gynecologist

#6 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:59 PM

Yea, responsibility is a dirty word in the modern era.  It's always someone elses fault!

#7 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:39 PM

Can any liberal give any reason why the employer or taxpayer is responsible for paying for birth control pills?  When did it become a right?  The entitled snowflakes think everything from college tuition to abortions should be given to them free just because they are alive and breathing.  No employer is responsible for any benefits.  They give them because it attracts better workers and avoids taxes on that part of the compensation.  Suddenly, everything the liberals want becomes a "right".  

• Nibiru likes this

#8 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:18 AM

You mean like $15 an hour to flip burgers because they think that no skill jobs should pay like skilled blue collar jobs because some unskilled know nothing 35 year old mother of four can’t feed her family on her $8 wage? It’s everyone else’s fault that she’s got no marketable skills and kept producing children she couldn’t afford to support. Pay her $15 an hour for existing!

#9 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:31 AM

You mean like $15 an hour to flip burgers because they think that no skill jobs should pay like skilled blue collar jobs because some unskilled know nothing 35 year old mother of four can’t feed her family on her $8 wage? It’s everyone else’s fault that she’s got no marketable skills and kept producing children she couldn’t afford to support. Pay her $15 an hour for existing!

Boom

#10 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:40 AM

Question...what constitutes the religious grounds that an employer has to prove? Who has the burden of proof?

#11 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:43 AM

i think the main argument is that wages are not rising with cost of living. Not that they just deserve 15 an hour. And skilled blue collar jobs should pay way more than they do as well.

#12 Nibiru

Nibiru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:58 AM

The right rejoices at anything that hurts someone
So they take away birth control because it will hurt women of child bearing age ( I don't have a clue what birth control costs)
Then when the woman can't work because she has 4 kids at home they will pay pay for her child care , food stamps and healthcare

So its a win/win for them
They hurt the woman then hurt themselves when they have to pay to support her

You have to give credit where credit is due
Rightys can really dish out the hurt

#13 Nibiru

Nibiru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:06 AM

Can any liberal give any reason why the employer or taxpayer is responsible for paying for birth control pills? When did it become a right? The entitled snowflakes think everything from college tuition to abortions should be given to them free just because they are alive and breathing. No employer is responsible for any benefits. They give them because it attracts better workers and avoids taxes on that part of the compensation. Suddenly, everything the liberals want becomes a "right".

We live in a country where 80% of the wealth is controlled by the top 2%

So you pretending you are paying for entitlements is just silly

You're a piss ant just like the other 98% of us
But by all means carry on your ruse ,you have obviously invested a lot of time memorizing your little speech you gave there

And I think it is "rite"

#14 Nibiru

Nibiru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:13 AM

Or help her by providing birth control so she doesn't get in that mess

#15 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:20 AM

We live in a country where 80% of the wealth is controlled by the top 2%

So you pretending you are paying for entitlements is just silly

You're a piss ant just like the other 98% of us
But by all means carry on your ruse ,you have obviously invested a lot of time memorizing your little speech you gave there

And I think it is "rite"

Sorry.  I just can't seem to find anything in your putdown that even comes close to addressing anything I posted.  Did you have a response or do you just wish to rant about nothing?  Please point out where I mentioned wealth inequality or entitlement costs.  If your only point is to stir the pot, you're to late.  OC has dibs on that job.

#16 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:32 AM

Sorry. I just can't seem to find anything in your putdown that even comes close to addressing anything I posted. Did you have a response or do you just wish to rant about nothing? Please point out where I mentioned wealth inequality or entitlement costs. If your only point is to stir the pot, you're to late. OC has dibs on that job.

What is the baseline wage for the top 2%.

#17 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

The right rejoices at anything that hurts someone
So they take away birth control because it will hurt women of child bearing age ( I don't have a clue what birth control costs)
Then when the woman can't work because she has 4 kids at home they will pay pay for her child care , food stamps and healthcare

So its a win/win for them
They hurt the woman then hurt themselves when they have to pay to support her

You have to give credit where credit is due
Rightys can really dish out the hurt

Nobody has "taken away birth control", Trump is just stating the OBVIOUS, an employer should not be forcibly compelled by the federal government to provide birth control to employees - it's stupid and inappropriate to expect them to.

Try to keep up dude.

#18 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:56 PM

Question...what constitutes the religious grounds that an employer has to prove? Who has the burden of proof?

thats a viable question..I would think that BC in an insurance plan would be pretty cheap. Most of my plans over the years have been very generous when it comes preventive care..BC would be preventive care IMO so it certainly is not being provided because of cost. Seems that  the hub bub about it was because Catholic Institutions raised a ruckus on moral grounds.  Not many Mom & Pop stores  even provide insurance so if it were that big of a deal to me whether Joe & Jane's Diner provides health care or not .. I'd just go apply to someone who does provide it. There is no law stating you have to work for a specific place nor is there a Constitutional Right to BC.

I am sure someone will challenge a Mom & Pop store because of this..just to demand such a Burden of Proof that your "Religious enough" to claim such a thing

Councilor how would you prove you were "Religious" enough ? Get a note from your Pastor? Show your books that you have donated  X amount of $$ or % of your income to a Religious Charity?

#19 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:34 PM

Obama and the Dems were lazy, they should have passed laws instead of using "the pen and the phone"

Looks like we have a new participant, welcome Niribu.

Warning, there are no participation trophies here for posting.

If you put forth a valid argument and support it, you will prosper.

If you post MSNBC / CNN / ABC /CBS / NBC talking points without support, you will have a long day.

w

#20 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:39 PM

Obama and the Dems were lazy, they should have passed laws instead of using "the pen and the phone"

Looks like we have a new participant, welcome Niribu.

Warning, there are no participation trophies here for posting.

If you put forth a valid argument and support it, you will prosper.

If you post MSNBC / CNN / ABC /CBS / NBC talking points without support, you will have a long day.

w

or if you dont know the difference between a "rite" or a Right. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users