Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

OT Do you remember....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:16 AM

A jets game a decade ago where a NYJ fan brought seasoned drumsticks from NY that were the best ever tasted? Did he ever say what the rub he used was? Would sure like to duplicate that. Never had better. PooT sent me some but ate all in one meal LOL

#2 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

A jets game a decade ago where a NYJ fan brought seasoned drumsticks from NY that were the best ever tasted? Did he ever say what the rub he used was? Would sure like to duplicate that. Never had better. PooT sent me some but ate all in one meal LOL

Yes I do and yes that was some great rub.. didn't you sneeze in your first batch or some other Wilkie type event and you lost it LOL?. It was their home made stuff.. they were very nice people and sent another batch and yea we sent some to you. I just asked POOT about it hoping against hope she might of saved the recipe if they did send it..she said she didn't have it but did remember it. If memory serves it was a Jamaican /Jerk type rub.

Funny... everything The J-E-T-S fans told us about Herm certainly was true.. we all thought it was sour grapes but we were WRONG!

#3 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:15 PM

I was really impressed by the Jet fans we met.

#4 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:37 PM

I was really impressed by the Jet fans we met.

they were good people

#5 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:55 AM

Yes I do and yes that was some great rub.. didn't you sneeze in your first batch or some other Wilkie type event and you lost it LOL?. It was their home made stuff.. they were very nice people and sent another batch and yea we sent some to you. I just asked POOT about it hoping against hope she might of saved the recipe if they did send it..she said she didn't have it but did remember it. If memory serves it was a Jamaican /Jerk type rub.

Funny... everything The J-E-T-S fans told us about Herm certainly was true.. we all thought it was sour grapes but we were WRONG!

Never ever had such good chicken and I live in Chicken Annie's country

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users