Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Steelers

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#21 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:42 AM

Pitts can not stop the run!

..and the Chiefs can't stop Bell and Brown.  Should be interesting.  If the Chiefs can get some more of those eight minute drives, it will really help the defense.  The Jags showed what pounding the ball against the PIT defense can do.

#22 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:54 AM

..and the Chiefs can't stop Bell and Brown. Should be interesting. If the Chiefs can get some more of those eight minute drives, it will really help the defense. The Jags showed what pounding the ball against the PIT defense can do.

Chiefs have contained the backs. We stop bell this week.

#23 robgar

robgar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:09 AM

Hrmph Pitt thought last week was a beating?
  • KCSLC2008 likes this

#24 sith13

sith13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:10 AM

..and the Chiefs can't stop Bell and Brown.  Should be interesting.  If the Chiefs can get some more of those eight minute drives, it will really help the defense.  The Jags showed what pounding the ball against the PIT defense can do.

Chiefs have contained the backs. We stop bell this week.

DL was terrible against the run last year but that seems to have changed so far. Even though it's almost impossible to really stop Bell I think we can contain him to some manageable figures and if the offense can put up some points Big Ben's frustrations will be a nice weapon. 

#25 robgar

robgar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

They about to get old fashioned schooled

See hunt didn't break any no records last week, and i think now there's a running back within 200 yards of him. Career day for a guy who has one every week. We break the nfl record for most ground yards in a game. Hunt ends up with 1000 yards after week 6. And we have a good old fashioned pick party in KC. 54-3 is the final score.

#26 bavarianq

bavarianq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

I like how some of you are thinking, but I'm still worried about this game.

#27 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:18 PM

Question for the fantasy football players...do you bench your fantasy players when they play against the Chiefs? I have Antonio Brown and he's riding the pine this week.

#28 Rickdawg58

Rickdawg58

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:31 PM

The defense has to come out hot and punch them in the neck. Set the tone of the game to take Rothy out the game. Kick them while they are down for that holding call in the playoffs. 

• DefensiveMan likes this

#29 DefensiveMan

DefensiveMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:40 PM

The defense has to come out hot and punch them in the neck. Set the tone of the game to take Rothy out the game. Kick them while they are down for that holding call in the playoffs. 

Any QB you can consistently pressure will make mistakes. Jacksonville and Chicago showed that if you contain Bell - then Big Ben will be forced to make plays down the field. Chiefs need to get a lead in this one and get pressure up the middle so Ben can't step up. He doesn't have the arm like he used to, but can still make accurate touch passes down the field. 

#30 Adamixoye

Adamixoye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

Question for the fantasy football players...do you bench your fantasy players when they play against the Chiefs? I have Antonio Brown and he's riding the pine this week.

For me it's a tiebreaker for bench guys/pickups.  But I don't sit studs, if they are going to go off I might as well benefit on the fantasy side.  I will be playing Brown.

#31 Rickdawg58

Rickdawg58

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:49 PM

Any QB you can consistently pressure will make mistakes. Jacksonville and Chicago showed that if you contain Bell - then Big Ben will be forced to make plays down the field. Chiefs need to get a lead in this one and get pressure up the middle so Ben can't step up. He doesn't have the arm like he used to, but can still make accurate touch passes down the field. 

I agree that is the goal every week but I was just talking about how Ben was kicking rocks after the game last week. Ben owned his mistakes he put it his shoulders so I am saying to dial up some extra pressure. Up the middle with our interior DL is the best place to bring pressure. Bailey, Logan, and Jones need to control the LOS. Reggie Ragland needs to get more snaps this game too, I would like his to really take over the ILB position long term. 

#32 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:01 PM

For me it's a tiebreaker for bench guys/pickups.  But I don't sit studs, if they are going to go off I might as well benefit on the fantasy side.  I will be playing Brown.

I keep telling myself that but can't bring myself around to doing it. If Chiefs were 0-5...different story.

#33 DefensiveMan

DefensiveMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

I agree that is the goal every week but I was just talking about how Ben was kicking rocks after the game last week. Ben owned his mistakes he put it his shoulders so I am saying to dial up some extra pressure. Up the middle with our interior DL is the best place to bring pressure. Bailey, Logan, and Jones need to control the LOS. Reggie Ragland needs to get more snaps this game too, I would like his to really take over the ILB position long term. 

This is the exact reason why they brought Ragland to this team. We'll definitely see him more this week. Supposedly, he is a stout run-stuffer and can take on blocks from interior lineman to free up DJ. We'll definitely need it because Pitt's interior lineman are one of the best units in the league. Not sure what's wrong with Ramik, and why he was inactive last game.

#34 Rickdawg58

Rickdawg58

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:16 PM

This is the exact reason why they brought Ragland to this team. We'll definitely see him more this week. Supposedly, he is a stout run-stuffer and can take on blocks from interior lineman to free up DJ. We'll definitely need it because Pitt's interior lineman are one of the best units in the league. Not sure what's wrong with Ramik, and why he was inactive last game.

Not sure why they sat him either, maybe it was just a game plan numbers thing.

#35 kkuenn

kkuenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:43 PM

34 to 20 (may be 17) KC wins. I think close first half but we contain their running game and get ahead by 2 plus scores forcing them to pass to try and catch up.

#36 gochiefsgo

gochiefsgo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, Missouri

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:58 AM

Pittsburgh is Kryptonite to the Chiefs. Very concerned about this one.

#37 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:21 AM

Jags beat Pitt with basically no QB. Bortles had 8 completions in the game for 70 yards and 1 INT. Think about that. Thsts 2000 Ravens type stuff. Jags are really kind of the Chiefs of the early 90s right now with worse QB play. Our defense right now isn't at same level as Jags though. And again for whatever reason we just never have matched up well with Pitt. Plus they are very healthy and are are far from it. Tough task.

#38 fanatic

fanatic

Resident tool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:32 AM

The team that runs the ball well will win. Still not sold on the KC Defense. Could be very high scoring.

#39 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:17 AM

The team that runs the ball well will win. Still not sold on the KC Defense. Could be very high scoring.

PIT couldn't stop the Jags running game even when it was obvious it would be a running play.  Chiefs may not be able to stop Bell.  It all depends on who can get off the field on third down plays or maybe get two scores ahead and force the other team into a more pass oriented game.  At least, the Chiefs won't be chasing a running QB as much.

• fanatic likes this

#40 Rickdawg58

Rickdawg58

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:56 AM

Just line up & play. This team is different then those of years past. I'm excited to see how this season turns out. If we can maintain a relatively healthy roster, this team can be special. There is more balance between all 3 phases then I've ever seen from this team. I welcome any challenger at this point. Alex has a little "F it" in him right now & we as fans should too. Enjoy the season because it might be a special one to remember.
  • KCSLC2008 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users