Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Steelers

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#41 DefensiveMan

DefensiveMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:28 AM

Just line up & play. This team is different then those of years past. I'm excited to see how this season turns out. If we can maintain a relatively healthy roster, this team can be special. There is more balance between all 3 phases then I've ever seen from this team. I welcome any challenger at this point. Alex has a little "F it" in him right now & we as fans should too. Enjoy the season because it might be a special one to remember.

Exactly right. Alex Smith is different. He's himself, he has character, no longer a robot. As long as he keeps playing like this bring on anyone. We need to win every home game and make a statement in this horrid AFC. This is ours.

#42 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:45 AM

Just line up & play. This team is different then those of years past. I'm excited to see how this season turns out. If we can maintain a relatively healthy roster, this team can be special. There is more balance between all 3 phases then I've ever seen from this team. I welcome any challenger at this point. Alex has a little "F it" in him right now & we as fans should too. Enjoy the season because it might be a special one to remember.

Very true. The Steelers didn't have to worry about our punchless running game and could focus on Tyreek and Kelce. Kareem makes that a bad game plan this time around. But if Kelce can't play it almost takes us back to where we were. And our defense is missing a ton from the secondary they faced that day. Steelers come in hungry and healthy. This is one I put in the loss column from day one. But again your right this team even missing pieces has more options and as prior post said a QB playing better than anything we've seen in many years. There has to be a tipping point to all these injuries though at some point right?

#43 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:56 AM

Very true. The Steelers didn't have to worry about our punchless running game and could focus on Tyreek and Kelce. Kareem makes that a bad game plan this time around. But if Kelce can't play it almost takes us back to where we were. And our defense is missing a ton from the secondary they faced that day. Steelers come in hungry and healthy. This is one I put in the loss column from day one. But again your right this team even missing pieces has more options and as prior post said a QB playing better than anything we've seen in many years. There has to be a tipping point to all these injuries though at some point right?

The good thing is we may have some key players coming back for this game like Ford, Morse and LDT. I'm hopeful about Kelce too considering he passed the original test and came back out before being pulled. So one would imagine he has a decent chance of being Ok for Sunday (fingers crossed).

#44 Rickdawg58

Rickdawg58

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:59 PM

Sure there is a tipping point but why worry about it now. We can prepare for it by developing depth and allowing the GM to do his job but we have a shot this season. You as a franchise has to role with the punches and keep moving forward. Alex is playing lights out because this is his one last big shot to shine in his career. Andy is not holding back on his play calling and it shows. Personally I think Andy was waiting for this to happen and now he is really opening up the playbook because he knows this is our window right now. With Ford and possibly Hali coming back in a couple weeks will bring additional depth and pressure from the LB's which will help the back end in coverage. I get the caution but F it and play! The Chiefs will lose a game or more this season, they will probably not go undefeated but if they stay healthy at key positions we have a legit chance to bring home field advantage through the playoffs. Nobody wants to play at Arrowhead if we are playing like this in the playoffs. What better story line is it for the Chiefs to get home field and sweep the playoffs at HOME in front of our fans. 

#45 Rickdawg58

Rickdawg58

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:00 PM

The good thing is we may have some key players coming back for this game like Ford, Morse and LDT. I'm hopeful about Kelce too considering he passed the original test and came back out before being pulled. So one would imagine he has a decent chance of being Ok for Sunday (fingers crossed).

I forgot to talk about the interior line too... when they get healthy we will be that much better.

#46 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:18 PM

I don't think he'll be playing. He's not practicing today and hasn't even started protocol.

#47 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

I think Bell has a decent day. It will be tougher for him. DJ and Logan weren't there last time he ran against us.

Not sure we rush Ben much. At least we didn't in the playoffs.

#48 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:34 PM

I think the Steelers are a wounded animal and Berger, Bell and Brown will be on a mission. It'll be high scoring and my man, AAA, will pull us through in the clutch. 35-31

#49 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:37 PM

I think Bell has a decent day. It will be tougher for him. DJ and Logan weren't there last time he ran against us.

Not sure we rush Ben much. At least we didn't in the playoffs.

He was under heavy pressure in the last three games. They are not pass blocking well

#50 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:43 PM

It will be interesting how Sutton approaches it. This win will be very sweet.

#51 MisChief-Maker

MisChief-Maker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:11 PM

I don't think he'll be playing. He's not practicing today and hasn't even started protocol.

He is already in concussion protocol though? And Reid said today that "he's feeling good". So I wouldn't rule it out just yet. 

#52 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:34 PM

I think the Steelers are a wounded animal and Berger, Bell and Brown will be on a mission. It'll be high scoring and my man, AAA, will pull us through in the clutch. 35-31

Lmaooo imagine you were shown this post and what you just said before the start of the season

#53 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

Chiefs D always holds our opponents to low scoring at home. It’s up to the offense to come through and put up at least 30 to secure the W

#54 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:44 PM

Lmaooo imagine you were shown this post and what you just said before the start of the season

I stand by everything I said about AAA before this season when he was BAA. Now he's playing like a legit NFL QB and as a Chiefs fan I love it.

#55 dksww

dksww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCaslte Rock, Co

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:49 PM

defense needs to tighten up in this one and the offense needs to keep it rolling.

It's already been happening, but you can count the Chiefs getting everybody's best shot every week now. 

It should be a heavy dose of Kareem Hunt as PIT struggles against the run as do the Chiefs.

It could be a game where both teams focus on the run keeping the scoring down.

#56 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:26 PM

I stand by everything I said about AAA before this season when he was BAA. Now he's playing like a legit NFL QB and as a Chiefs fan I love it.

I’m saying imagine we went back in time and showed yourself this post. You wouldn’t believe it LoL

#57 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:26 PM

defense needs to tighten up in this one and the offense needs to keep it rolling.

It's already been happening, but you can count the Chiefs getting everybody's best shot every week now.

It should be a heavy dose of Kareem Hunt as PIT struggles against the run as do the Chiefs.

It could be a game where both teams focus on the run keeping the scoring down.

Keep playing Erving. I bet a lot of college teams are more organized than the Browns when he was playing for them. Just because you’re an NFL team doesn’t make it a solid environment to thrive in the game of football. Erving is making the most out of giving a chance to play for a superbowl caliber team

#58 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:08 PM

I’m saying imagine we went back in time and showed yourself this post. You wouldn’t believe it LoL

Lol. Gotcha. That's absolutely true. I would have argued with myself.

• KCSLC2008 likes this

#59 12go4kcinva

12go4kcinva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:26 PM

With the team we fielded last week..i think we win. With the critical injuries now stacked on top of the already growing list of injuries...im a bit concerned.

#60 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:33 PM

Dee Ford was back at practice today, so minus a setback he should be good to go. Kelce's concussion looks mild, but most guys we have have missed a game. I'll call him 50-50. The other guys are highly unlikely to come back until after Raiders game in my opinion when we could possible also get Tamba back based on his tweets anyway.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users