Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Steelers

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#81 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:49 PM

YES. Steelers have our number. Going to be tough with no Kelse.

Actually looks like he'll be playing.

#82 12go4kcinva

12go4kcinva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:55 PM

Best case scenario...ben throws 3 pick 6's in the first half...we go into half up 28-3..and only need these guys in limited action..they get additional rest and the team gets the W. Throw in the backups, they need reps anyway. I for one, would rather take a loss than see borderline injuries turn into season ending ones.

#83 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:59 PM

Actually looks like he'll be playing.

Kelce passed through to the next phase of the protocol which allowed him to practice on a limited basis today. I'd say he's still 50-50. Today was also the first practice back for Mitch Morse again on a limited basis. This is very good news. I'd expect him back for the Monday night game vs Denver realistically. Houston didn't practice with that calf issue again which is a bit concerning, but lets not overreact. Wilson was also limited so there's a chance we will be without our TE, WR2 and WR3. That would hurt. 

#84 CHiefSP

CHiefSP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:13 PM

Chiefs are more likely to get the Steelers “A” game this week than their Jags game performance. Steelers have our number and Chiefs are really beat up.

#85 dksww

dksww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCaslte Rock, Co

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

Big Perv is 6-0 against the Chiefs basically.  Over/Under on how many times the CBS broadcast brings this up on Sunday?

I'll say 20

#86 sith13

sith13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:06 PM

Big Perv is 6-0 against the Chiefs basically.  Over/Under on how many times the CBS broadcast brings this up on Sunday?

I'll say 20

After listening to JJ Watt for an entire game I'm still scared that he'll be the topic of this game just because his brother is on the field. 

#87 dksww

dksww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCaslte Rock, Co

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:09 PM

After listening to JJ Watt for an entire game I'm still scared that he'll be the topic of this game just because his brother is on the field. 

oh yeah, you can count on that as well. 

#88 CHiefSP

CHiefSP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:17 PM

Big Perv is 6-0 against the Chiefs basically. Over/Under on how many times the CBS broadcast brings this up on Sunday?

I'll say 20

Realistically, at least 10. It’s gonna be disgusting to listen to.

#89 Dan4pres

Dan4pres

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLenexa

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:09 PM

I thought NBC was going to set up cameras in JJ's hospital bed and interview his surgeon. 

#90 fanatic

fanatic

Resident tool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:23 PM

KC needs to run the ball and control the clock. Pitts will be trying to do the same thing. Long time consuming  scoring drives determines this winner. Will wait to see more on injuries before predicting a winner.

#91 artsy

artsy

Artsy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:58 PM

Well, we have been very good in the 4th qtr. (At least the offense has) However, I don't trust our defense trying to hold off the steelers in the 4th qtr. I just got this weird feeling Tomlin/Haley will have them pumped up for this game. This will be the perfect opportunity for them to show the world that they are still the Pitt Steelers and that they are still a good team.

If we come out and force a couple of 3 and outs, and punch them in the mouths early, they may just lay down..However, if we let them hang around if could get scary..

I don't expect us to go 16-0, but I really want to beat the Steelers and sweep the donkeys.

#92 Adamixoye

Adamixoye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:07 PM

I don't expect us to go 16-0, but I really want to beat the Steelers and sweep the donkeys.

Oh man, so much this.

#93 Adamixoye

Adamixoye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:07 PM

It's also super important to me to beat the Cowboys and at least the Arrowhead game against the Raiders.

#94 artsy

artsy

Artsy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:09 PM

It's also super important to me to beat the Cowboys and at least the Arrowhead game against the Raiders.

Cowboys.. Hell yes!

I hope we hang a 50 burger on them.

#95 Rickdawg58

Rickdawg58

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

Chiefs have beat better teams then the Steelers this season, just line up and play. Andy is painting a master piece this season with his play calling and adjustments. Chiefs defense will get pressure this week and stop the run. Chiefs offense is better then the Steelers defense right now.

• fanatic likes this

#96 fanatic

fanatic

Resident tool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:09 PM

Chiefs have beat better teams then the Steelers this season, just line up and play. Andy is painting a master piece this season with his play calling and adjustments. Chiefs defense will get pressure this week and stop the run. Chiefs offense is better then the Steelers defense right now.

I agree. Yes the Steelers offense is better than the Chiefs average defense. Still can not stop the run & give up big plays. KC needs to control the clock.

#97 gochiefsgo

gochiefsgo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, Missouri

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:56 PM

Despite last weeks ass thrashing at the hands of the much improved Jaguars (who lead the league in takeaways this year so far) the Steelers are a Super bowl caliber team. This, outside of the Patriots game to open the season, is the most dangerous team that the Chiefs will face so far in this young season. They are scary good on offense and have an awesome secondary and a hard nosed philosophy and coach. You can only hope that Andy Reid had this one circled on the schedule and has a great game plan ready for this game or it could be a long day in KC.

#98 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:00 PM

Despite last weeks ass thrashing at the hands of the much improved Jaguars (who lead the league in takeaways this year so far) the Steelers are a Super bowl caliber team. This, outside of the Patriots game to open the season, is the most dangerous team that the Chiefs will face so far in this young season. They are scary good on offense and have an awesome secondary and a hard nosed philosophy and coach. You can only hope that Andy Reid had this one circled on the schedule and has a great game plan ready for this game or it could be a long day in KC.

Chiefs team is the best of the last 40 years.
I doubt there will be any "long" days in KC. Yes,
We may lose, but hardly a long day.

#99 gochiefsgo

gochiefsgo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, Missouri

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:36 PM

I hear ya Calichief it's a different team this year. Alex Smith is different. The play calling is inventive and amazing. The Chiefs have weapons on offense they didn't have last year. I get it.. but.. Le'Veon Bell torched the Chiefs last year for like 400 yards on the ground in the two games they played against them. The Chiefs lost twice to them and the first game was after the Steelers got blown up by Philadelphia the week before which is kinda like the scenario we have this year. It just seems like the Steelers present all kinds of mismatch problems for the Chiefs. You're probably right about the long day analogy being a poor choice of words and all it will be a close game again probably. The Steelers are a punch you in the face team is all I'm saying and that concerns me.

#100 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

I hear ya Calichief it's a different team this year. Alex Smith is different. The play calling is inventive and amazing. The Chiefs have weapons on offense they didn't have last year. I get it.. but.. Le'Veon Bell torched the Chiefs last year for like 400 yards on the ground in the two games they played against them. The Chiefs lost twice to them and the first game was after the Steelers got blown up by Philadelphia the week before which is kinda like the scenario we have this year. It just seems like the Steelers present all kinds of mismatch problems for the Chiefs. You're probably right about the long day analogy being a poor choice of words and all it will be a close game again probably. The Steelers are a punch you in the face team is all I'm saying and that concerns me.

Bell has those yards because our offense couldn't hold the ball.
Hope I'm right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users