Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Kareem Hunt Touches

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Dablueguy

Dablueguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:54 PM

32 is about 7 too many.    I always thought Jamaal's ideal was 15 and 5.   Since Kareem is a sturdier guy, I'd up it to 20 and 5.   But he's not a moose like LJ or Fournette, and even those guys need touches monitored or they burn out, as we saw with what Herm did to LJ.  

I'd rarely let Kareem go above 25 touches.  Last night was too many.   Something to watch going forward.  It's (too) easy for a Coach to fall in love with his starting RB when he's as good as Hunt, and run him into the ground.  

#2 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:05 PM

Agreed. Keep him healthy and fresh is the way to go. We're making the playoffs because of Smith for the offensive side. We need Hunt for the playoffs

#3 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:27 PM

Andy Reid could never burn a running back out.

#4 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:30 PM

Andy Reid could never burn a running back out.

WHAt about Jamaal and Ware?! RB position does everything

#5 Biggjliv4

Biggjliv4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:53 PM

He's saying up until this year, Reid is more known for forgetting to run the ball during games and getting pass drunk. Injuries happen, Jamal and Ware's weren't dur to over use.

#6 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:34 AM

Not knocking the OP, but only two weeks ago people in here were complaining that Hunt wasn't being used enough.  Reid can win all the games and internet board folks will keep whining. 

#7 Dablueguy

Dablueguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:41 AM

Not knocking the OP, but only two weeks ago people in here were complaining that Hunt wasn't being used enough.  Reid can win all the games and internet board folks will keep whining. 

I know.  But they're wrong.   :lol: .  He was being used right.   Last night he wasn't.  I always look at the long term effect of RB usage, after seeing how badly Herm destroyed LJ so quickly because of drastic overuse.   It's always on my radar, and I was always consistent on how well Haley and then Andy used Jamaal, careful to not overuse him, and get the best out of him.  

#8 soonerborn77

soonerborn77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:35 AM

It’s tough though because what are our other options? Have Alex throw it more, even though he is on a whole new level right now still wouldn’t want him out there gunslinging because I like our run/pass balance. West had a good game but do we want him taking 5+ touches way from Hunt?

#9 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:09 AM

It wouldn't hurt for the Chiefs to have a third option at RB.  Hill and DAT might get a few gadget rushes, but Hunt could use some help other than West.  If West was an effective runner, it wouldn't be so bad, but he hasn't rushed well since 2015.  Spiller was supposed to get that job, but he didn't do well in the pre-season.  Isn't there some RB on the PC and would it make sense to move him up?

#10 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:43 AM

We're 5-0. Reid has used the RBs perfectly

#11 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:48 AM

I think theyve wanted to start getting Akeem Hunt touches but pass protection is likely keeping that from happening. I would have actually put Mahomes and West in that last few series.

#12 KCJohnKC

KCJohnKC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:15 AM

I know. But they're wrong. :lol: . He was being used right. Last night he wasn't. I always look at the long term effect of RB usage, after seeing how badly Herm destroyed LJ so quickly because of drastic overuse. It's always on my radar, and I was always consistent on how well Haley and then Andy used Jamaal, careful to not overuse him, and get the best out of him.

I think I might have to argue that LJ killed LJ. The O-line his last year did him no favors and Herm had no clue but I think his physical health was just fine. Mentally he was shot.

#13 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:25 AM

WHAt about Jamaal and Ware?! RB position does everything

Huh?
He would forget about those guys games at a time.
Check the touches.

#14 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:26 AM

He's saying up until this year, Reid is more known for forgetting to run the ball during games and getting pass drunk. Injuries happen, Jamal and Ware's weren't dur to over use.

THANK YOU

#15 KCSLC2008

KCSLC2008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:35 AM

Not knocking the OP, but only two weeks ago people in here were complaining that Hunt wasn't being used enough. Reid can win all the games and internet board folks will keep whining.

I agree, but at least we're not arguing about which pass and run plays?

Everyone always says that Reid forgets the run but we have good production there and part of that is because teams think we're passing. A true balance would be best but if you take that pass happy rep out of the equation, teams would key o the run. I mean, until this year and including this year to some extent, our offense was short but we weren't stopped (from winning)(regular season). Reid's shirt pass plays are an extension of the run game - by design - but [gasp!] we pass it all the time and it's short [!].

#16 Lamardirts

Lamardirts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:17 AM

I have to agree.   We aren't a team just hoping to get to the playoffs which would make sense overusing him now.  We are a legit SB contender and while every game is important overusing a rookie is a recipe for disaster down the stretch.    I love Andy committing more to the run and I don't love that West is the backup but it will be better down the stretch for our chances at making a deep playoff run.

#17 sith13

sith13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:25 AM

Every RB will have a few games when they are used extensively or barely. I doubt Reid will use Hunt so much that we'll have to monitor his touches but who knows. JC's numbers mostly game late in the game, which was a frustration to most people on forums but there seems to be a nice switch on the offensive mentality over the last two years. The only issue I have right now is that Reid isn't using West or any other backup enough to shake things up and keep Hunt fresh. 

#18 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:53 PM

Not a big deal.  Hunt isn't going to get that many touches regularly, as it's going to vary with game situation.  He's young, healthy and resilient, and the guy delivers the blow when he's running rather than taking it, so I'm really not concerned.  25-30 is ideal IMO.  He's not as fragile as JC nor is he a one dimensional back like JC, so I'm not concerned.  Hunt is a guy that can take it.  If he were getting 40 per game I'd be concerned, but that's not gonna happen.  

#19 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:36 PM

I'm more concerned that Smith's arm may get tired. He's never thrown this many passes beyond 5 yards. ;) ;)

• oldtimer and Semo like this

#20 KCSLC2008

KCSLC2008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:10 PM

I'm more concerned that Smith's arm may get tired. He's never thrown this many passes beyond 5 yards. ;) ;)

Oh, come on. He saved all those for practice last year and off-season. He's well conditioned. This year, he's just decided to do in games instead and all short in practice. Handoffs to Hunt who can't get hit as hard in practice.
  • azchief21 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users