Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Kareem Hunt Touches

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 KCSLC2008

KCSLC2008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:13 PM

Seriously though, I hope we start taking out those throwaway plays for one yards. Obviously the design is not for 1 yard but rather hoping that blocking breaks one, but it just seems like we do that every once in a while. It's like the checkout was going out of bounds. 1 yard is better than nothing better than interception, but it seems like there's so much distance between Smith and the sideline that their space to be intercepted offer one yard. Obviously, it hasn't happened that way but the ball is in the air as long as it even pass. Less crowded, though, they do it.

#22 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:23 PM

Seriously though, I hope we start taking out those throwaway plays for one yards. Obviously the design is not for 1 yard but rather hoping that blocking breaks one, but it just seems like we do that every once in a while. It's like the checkout was going out of bounds. 1 yard is better than nothing better than interception, but it seems like there's so much distance between Smith and the sideline that their space to be intercepted offer one yard. Obviously, it hasn't happened that way but the ball is in the air as long as it even pass. Less crowded, though, they do it.

I think they can be effective if you have to respect the deep ball. Throughout AAA's career defenses could flood the LOS. Not anymore. 

#23 KCSLC2008

KCSLC2008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:47 PM

I think they can be effective if you have to respect the deep ball. Throughout AAA's career defenses could flood the LOS. Not anymore.

Frankly, it surprised me how effective we were in our short game despite that. Everyone always said we had a great running back and so defenses would creep up. Everyone said that we threw short so defenses with creep up. Obviously that should open up the deep game and we didn't use it, but if they're creeping up, shouldn't they be stopping us? In a way we were stopped in not having playoff wins and not having as good of end results despite winning. But having more personnel upfront and always going short, should make us miserable but instead we did alright.

We take with the defense gives us and now they have to give us something deep. We took what the defense gave us and so that might push the numbers up because they don't care if we get small gains. But if we get short and we end up scoring and they lose the game, maybe they shouldn't be giving us those options?

It's like, "Ha! You only got 5 yards! Hee hee, you only got 6 yards. Shit, that's a first down. Ha! Got you for only 4 this time. TD." Our problem has been in the red zone even though one of our years we performed well in that category. The problem has been 3rd down and that's often because of penalties/sacks and not because of the short game. Throwing short on third down irritated me, but that wasn't why we were in third and long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users