Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Trump Defeats the NFL

Kaepernick Sucks

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:02 AM

It is the owners call not the NFL. It has to be in the players employment contract. Owners have not spoken out enough masse. Jerry Jones knelt with his players. So there is no consensus. BUT IT IS NOT DONALD TRUMPS BUSINESS. What the players are doing is not illegal. Forcing players to stand who don't want to stand is not a show of patriotism. Let them play football. This symbolism is like when we stand for the pledge of allegiance. We should stand to show respect. But if we don't stand it shouldn't affect you. If you choose to be offended, then you will be offended. Like those in my church who attend MASS but choose not to take communion. Priest dose not deny trappings of the church for those who don't take communion. Their choice. Does not affect my choice in the slightest. Called live and let live. Decide for yourselves if this is offensive behavior but don't decide it for me.

Well said. Why get offended by any athletes or bands or filmmakers political beliefs to the point you don't watch something you enjoy. Just makes no sense. I'll admit that all the attention this issue gets does distract from my enjoyment of the game. And that's what I want stopped. So whatever that takes, I'm in favor of as a consumer of the NFL product. .Trump injecting himself into this only brought more attention and more divisiveness to the entire deal. He made things worse when he had no business fueling the fire at all. Same with Pences juvenile and expensive stunt. Judt yet another case of government overstepping its boundaries. And that is a real problem much bigger than this entire issue.

#22 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

It is the owners call not the NFL..... BUT IT IS NOT DONALD TRUMPS BUSINESS.

then why was it obam's business whether employers provide health insurance or not? Isn't that the owner's call?

#23 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:44 PM

Meh, The culture war is on Trump's agenda. He seemingly understands the big picture.

I am fine with him expressing his opinion. Kinda a "teachable moment".

w

#24 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:54 PM

Meh, The culture war is on Trump's agenda. He seemingly understands the big picture.

I am fine with him expressing his opinion. Kinda a "teachable moment".

w

In typical Trump fashion he is a divider with his reactionary over emotional actions and that's hopefully something nobody learns is okay. Trump disrespects his office daily with his tone and makes some of the things he's doing that actually make sense get lost in the noise.

#25 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:00 PM

then why was it obam's business whether employers provide health insurance or not? Isn't that the owner's call?

It's wasn't and isn't. Seems with each President no matter which party, we have guys who expand their bloated reach to new levels.

#26 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:05 PM

Meh, its all about policy...

I think that trump just keeps pushing Congress to do its job while he unravels years worth of Unconstitutional behavior by the last President.

The fact trump pisses off the left is merely a cherry on top for me.

w

#27 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:34 PM

Meh, its all about policy...

I think that trump just keeps pushing Congress to do its job while he unravels years worth of Unconstitutional behavior by the last President.

The fact trump pisses off the left is merely a cherry on top for me.

w

Policy of expanding military, increasing meddlesome foreign policy, building walls, conintuing war on drugs, taxing free trade ect, ect, are major policy flaws. And part of the job of a President is to be a leader, a unifier at least in tone. With Trump as President tourism in this country from abroad is down 5 percent. That's costing private business millions. That indeed matters. And his VP little stunt last weekend cost taxpayers over &250,000. That's just totally absurd. Trump is attempting to expand the size and scope of the executive branch is a threat to liberty. As a Libertsrian I'm am at the left and right. And many of his policies are in polar opposite to both sides of what I believe in. And as a man he demeans the office almost daily with his constant tweets and inflammatory language. That's an embarrassment.

#28 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:36 PM

Policy of expanding military, increasing meddlesome foreign policy, building walls, conintuing war on drugs, taxing free trade ect, ect, are major policy flaws. And part of the job of a President is to be a leader, a unifier at least in tone. With Trump as President tourism in this country from abroad is down 5 percent. That's costing private business millions. That indeed matters. And his VP little stunt last weekend cost taxpayers over &250,000. That's just totally absurd. Trump is attempting to expand the size and scope of the executive branch which is a threat to liberty in my opinion. As a Libertsrian I'm am at the left and right. And many of his policies are in polar opposite to both sides of what I believe in. And as a man he demeans the office almost daily with his constant tweets and inflammatory language. That's an embarrassment and again makes some of the good things he's doing (and he is doing some good things) get lost. .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users