Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Rand Paul: I’ve been working with Trump for months on health care order

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:35 AM

This is some unexpected and likely really good news...

Rand Paul: I’ve been working with Trump for months on health care order

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said Tuesday that he has been working with President Trump for months on a health-care executive order.

"This will be a great plan & a big deal for millions of Americans. I’ve been working with @realDonaldTrump for months on this," Paul wrote on Twitter. "Details soon!" 

Trump suggested in an early morning tweet on Tuesday that he would use "the power of the pen" to take steps to reform the nation's health-care system, though he did not specify what any such order would entail.

But Trump is expected to sign an order as early as this week allowing community organizations, trade associations and other groups to band together to purchase insurance, which could be bought across state lines and would not be subject to the same rules as ObamaCare plans. 

Paul has been advocating for such an order, telling MSNBC in an interview late last month that it is something that would allow Trump to take at least some action on health care as reform efforts flounder in Congress. 

“I think it’s bigger than Graham-Cassidy, it’s bigger than any reform we’ve even talked about to date, but hasn’t gotten enough attention,” Paul said at the time.

Paul was among the first Senate Republicans to come out against the now-dead measure authored by Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Bob Cassidy (R-La.). That measure, Paul argued, did not go far enough to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

http://thehill.com/p...alth-care-order

#2 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:05 PM

if trump is listening to Rand, maybe he's not as big an idiot as previously thought...

#3 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:27 PM

Here is what Rand had to say about the executive order he partnered with Trump on:

SEN. RAND PAUL: Today's a big day. President Trump is doing what I believe is the biggest free market reform of health care in a generation. This reform, if it works and goes as planned, will allow millions of people to get insurance across state lines at an inexpensive price.

28 million people were left behind by Obamacare. [They] do not have insurance today.

This specifically targets and will help people who don't have insurance, or people for whom insurance is too expensive. I'm very glad to be part of this, and I really want to commend the president for having the boldness and the leadership and the foresight to get this done.

https://www.realclea...generation.html

#4 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:50 PM

Great. Now let's do something about fixing HSAs and FSAs, you know, for people who actually contribute to the economy.

#5 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:20 PM

Great. Now let's do something about fixing HSAs and FSAs, you know, for people who actually contribute to the economy.

Those greedy bastards?? Oh hell no

#6 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,785 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:37 PM

They are just lucky.

#7 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:48 PM

Right. What the hell was i thinking. Fuck the middle class.

#8 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,785 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:27 AM

Now yer talkin.

#9 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip